2700 Fluke on Activation

shilton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2003
Hi,
I have a model 2700 and an old Dish 500 Antenna I just gave my father-in-law to activate for his boat at the lake. Since its on the boat, of course it is not in a phone line. He called to order the AT60 with locals pak and the CSR told him his account was activated. The receiver did indeed activate, but its kinda weird. I used to have the AT150Pak and Showtime before I deactivated the receiver. Now he is getting the AT60 pak, plus showtime and SOME of the channels from the AT150pak. His locals have not shown up either. They are not even on the guide. This leads me to believe that in the programming of the smart card, something went wrong. Almost seems like he has part of his package and part of my old package. Tried pulling the smart card and all and it reboots back up the same way. Any ideas what went wrong...and what should he do? He is concerned that he will get billed for channels he didn't order...plus he wants the locals and they don't seem to want to pop up in the guide. :confused:

If you disconnected the 2700, before the deactivation signal was sent to it, the card will remember its previous settings. It might last for upto thirty days.
Try calling customer service, if the problems don't clear up.

He will need to have a CSR send another hit to the receiver to tell it the correct programming that he subscribed to and have the receiver hooked up at the time he calls to have this done.

Stargazer said:
He will need to have a CSR send another hit to the receiver to tell it the correct programming that he subscribed to and have the receiver hooked up at the time he calls to have this done.
Do you mean have it hooked up to the Dish, as there is NO phone line? Also...should it be powered on or off???

Doesn't matter if it is hooked to a phone line or not or powered on or off. (just make sure it is plugged in)

Dish sends programming changes through the air to your dish.

Make sure the satellite dish itself is hooked up to the receiver. The phoneline is only used for PPV and to verify that all the receivers on an account are at the same location.

If you keep the receiver turned off while the hit is being sent to the receiver then it may allow the programming changes to take effect quicker.

The same thing happened to me. I had a 2700 which I first disconnected then had deactivated. It sat in my garage for at least a month before I gave it to my brother back in May of this year. When I hooked it up for him and had it activated on his account (at-120 no locals) he continued receiving all of my channels (at-180 plus locals). Two months later he is still able to receive the extra channels. As far as I am concerned we did the right thing and called Dish for the activation. I don't know what went wrong but my brother isn't too worried about it. :D

Have you looked in the 7000's, 8000's, and 9000's (i.e., just below the public-interest channels in the 9400's) for your locals? Older receivers don't have the capability to "remap" LIL channels to the local channel numbers, so they appear only at their "official" E* channel numbers for your market. (I don't know for certain if the 2700 is that old, but it's definitely not a current receiver.) On newer receivers, locals appear at both locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)