28?!?! Are you kidding me?

PowerMax

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Okay, I am sure I am not the first one to bring this up, but is E* for real? I can only schedule 28 events on my 622?!?!?! At last glance on my TiVo including wishlists I was just under 100!!!!! Someone please pinch me so I'll wake up from this nightmare.

Sure thing Mr. Ergen, I will as soon as you quit being the laughing stock of the satellite community.

This 622 DVR is a joke.

You could move to D* and use their HD DVR (HR20) or better yet Comcast's Motorola HD DVR. The 622 is the best HD DVR out there but it's not perfect. It sure beats the other two I mentioned though.

Okay, I am sure I am not the first one to bring this up, but is E* for real? I can only schedule 28 events on my 622?!?!?! At last glance on my TiVo including wishlists I was just under 100!!!!! Someone please pinch me so I'll wake up from this nightmare.

Why would you ever need to record more than 28 different series? You can set them to record all episodes and that only counts as 1 event, etc.. I currently have about 4 regular shows set and I have trouble finding the time to watch them.

It can schedule 200+, I forget the actual number, but when you schedule a repeating event, all of the events count, even the skipped ones.

As 90% of my scheduled events are HD movies, it is essentially impossible for me to hit the maximum number of events. I'd have to have a few terabytes of storage in order to record that many HD movies.

As a 622 user myself, I have almost 70 timers set up.
The restriction is NOT in the number of timers you can set up,
but rather in the number of individual events those timers generate.
So if you set up a timer for an event that really only appears once a week
it has little impact on your limit. But if you set up a timer for a show that runs
6 or 8 times a day, like most syndicated shows on most basic cable networks,
then you can blow through that limit very easily.

The limit is actually in the number of behind-the-scenes timers, not events. If you set a recording and it finds (25) episodes, that's (25) timers. Do that for a few shows and you can see that you can hit a high number rather quickly. I've read that the limit of timers is actually (255), for what it's worth.

Tom: You said even skipped events 'count'. If I tell it to record NEW episodes of a show and it finds (12), but also finds (50) re-runs, is it using up (62) timers ??

I believe the limit on the 622 and 942 is 288 timers. Yes, call and complain. It's an unreasonable amount for a 10 day timer system.

Thanks for the explinations Tom, Hall, zvogt & kesslerman. I know what it is now, my wife's shows (Girls Next Door, and 10 FoodTV shows). Man that sucks, I'll need to ask he what she is able to miss bucuase that is horse-poo.

To everyone who posted with less than helpful info, you may eat that horse-poo. The last thing I need is people telling me HOW to watch TV, I am a republican and I am able to make my own decisions on what is good for me! I do not require government assistance for my decision making I have a DVR so that I can watch TV on my schedule.

Between 24, L&O, Prison Break that is 6 timers there. Special note to Randall, The Hr10-250 (a far superior DVR to both the 622 and HR20) has no limit so excuuuuuse me.

I'll have the wife figure it out. Thanks again to Tom, Hall, zvogt & kesslerman.

To everyone who posted with less than helpful info, you may eat that horse-poo. The last thing I need is people telling me HOW to watch TV, I am a republican and I am able to make my own decisions on what is good for me! I do not require government assistance for my decision making I have a DVR so that I can watch TV on my schedule.

Between 24, L&O, Prison Break that is 6 timers there. Special note to Randall, The Hr10-250 (a far superior DVR to both the 622 and HR20) has no limit so excuuuuuse me.

I'll have the wife figure it out. Thanks again to Tom, Hall, zvogt & kesslerman.

And strangely enough, politically I'm an independent who votes both democratic and republican as the situation merits....and, amazing as it is for a non-republican, I also am able to make my own decisions on what is good for me! I do not require government assistance for my decision making. I strongly suspect that there are democrats who can also make day-to-day decisions without government help.

Shame you need this kind of crap to make your points....

PowerMAX = dumbass

I'm independent (lean towards libertarian more than republican or democrat), I have never had any kind of welfare/unemployment/etc. and I can make decisions for myself.

There is nothing worse than a person who defines their being based on what political party they belong.

I guess that explains why you watch so much TV. (as opposed to, let's say, reading a book or going to the theater.)

Pppppppppppppppppppbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)