2H/0J How did you do it- or fail trying?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Since this is of interest to many of us, I thought I'd put up a thread on it. I've seen a few comments on it here and there, but perhaps we can put this information in one spot.

Did you successfully get (or end up with) a 2 Hopper and 0 Joey setup? If so, how? Or did you try something that did not work? Please share that experience, too.

I was finally able to get ahold of someone on the phone that listened and cared about my issue and he said the installer will come out with a hopper and Joey and he'll install the 2nd hopper and take both joey's back with him. He noted my account and my install date is this coming tuesday so we shall see what happens. By the looks of it you have to push this issue but it can be done. Let the installer know you want 2 hoppers and no joey's. They will have to mod the work order but it can be done. I'll let you know if I was able to get it installed successfully this Tuesday. I have 1 H and 1 J so I want the 2nd H for more recording space.

I was finally able to get ahold of someone on the phone that listened and cared about my issue and he said the installer will come out with a hopper and Joey and he'll install the 2nd hopper and take both joey's back with him. He noted my account and my install date is this coming tuesday so we shall see what happens. By the looks of it you have to push this issue but it can be done. Let the installer know you want 2 hoppers and no joey's. They will have to mod the work order but it can be done. I'll let you know if I was able to get it installed successfully this Tuesday. I have 1 H and 1 J so I want the 2nd H for more recording space.

That confirms it. Well, if dishfan82 follows up with success. I think it will be successful.

The only way I ended up with more Hoppers than Joeys was the fact that I purchased, installed and activated the third Hopper myself. Originally had 2H/2J now have 3H/2J.

Same here. But I'm in no great rush, so long as both my ViP722s hold out and don't force the issue.

Note that he already has his hopper and Joey installed. He is getting a second hopper added.

So, what is happening here is the tech is going to have the hopper activated, which closes his workorder, then the Joey deactivated.

The fact still remains you can not have 2 hoppers and 0 Joey's activated on an initial hopper/joey workorder.

Note that he already has his hopper and Joey installed. He is getting a second hopper added.

So, what is happening here is the tech is going to have the hopper activated, which closes his workorder, then the Joey deactivated.

The fact still remains you can not have 2 hoppers and 0 Joey's activated on an initial hopper/joey workorder.

Oh, good catch... Not sure how I missed that... I still think it's possible somehow, but I dunno, haven't seen very many reports of it so might not be the easiest thing to accomplish...

Worst comes to worst, could have installer activate the unneeded Joeys and the Hoppers that you want, then, next day call Dish (or PM DIRT) and tell them you don't need the Joeys. Wouldn't that work? I know I was told by Dish that I can return my extra Joey at any point (which would leave me with 3H/1J) and if I needed it back it would be free, other than the monthly fees, of course. So far I'm keeping the extra Joey to mess around with, though (so that's 3H/2J.)

3HaloODST said:
Worst comes to worst, could have installer activate the unneeded Joeys, and the Hoppers you want, then, next day call Dish (or PM DIRT) and tell them you don't need the Joeys. Wouldn't that work?

That sounds like the most likely way to end up with 2 hopper and no Joey's. And I actually see no reason the tech can't just have them deactivated and RA them himself the same day. After the work order is closed its in there, no need to wait a day. You save shipping costs this way.

But I can't see dish allowing this to happen for too long if it starts, because then they're just losing money cause the Joey's get remanufactured when they're RA'd.

3HaloODST said:
I know I was told by Dish that I can return my extra Joey at any point (which would leave me with 3H/1J) and if I needed it back it would be free, other than the monthly fees, of course.

Its free because they expect you to sign a new 2 year agreement.

Well tomorrow I'm getting a 2nd hopper installed. The guy from the loyalty department honored the 100.00 price on dish chat that I was quoted for. He also noted that I was getting a 2nd hopper installed. He said theres a way around it with getting another hopper and having no Joeys but it can be done. I asked 3 times to assure he was stating correct info. He will be here between 12-5 tomorrow and if he has to call customer service about it, I have the guys name I spoke with and the operator Id so they can reference the conversation as proof. A 2nd hopper is needed for more tuners really. We record a lot of tv and it's frustrating when you turn on the tv and can't watch live tv because all tuners are being used. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Well tomorrow I'm getting a 2nd hopper installed. The guy from the loyalty department honored the 100.00 price on dish chat that I was quoted for. He also noted that I was getting a 2nd hopper installed. He said theres a way around it with getting another hopper and having no Joeys but it can be done. I asked 3 times to assure he was stating correct info. He will be here between 12-5 tomorrow and if he has to call customer service about it, I have the guys name I spoke with and the operator Id so they can reference the conversation as proof. A 2nd hopper is needed for more tuners really. We record a lot of tv and it's frustrating when you turn on the tv and can't watch live tv because all tuners are being used. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Thank you. I look forward with great anticipation on how this works out.

Success !!!! I now have 2 hoppers on my account without any joeys. Installer made a phone call to customer service to have the work order modified and he took the other Joey back. Best advice is talk to someone in the loyalty department that you can get to notate your account to say you're getting a 2nd hopper and the Joey is being taken out. Otherwise it will have a tougher time getting approved. I didn't go through a local dealer either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)