Price clarification

rogerpl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Northern Vt.
As my last Sd tv is dying (about time) I can replace it and switch to Hopper. Questions

1- The fees for one hopper and two joeys are the same as two hoppers and one joey?
2- Upfront cost is probably going to be 200.00?
3- Hoppers are now "talking" to each other.?

I know the answers are out there but searching has been tedious.

1) monthly equipment fees are the same for those two configs
2) As an existing customer, probably $100 per hopper. Check with DIRT to confirm what you qualify for.
3) You can play DVR recordings between hoppers.

I did check awhile back and the $100 per hopper seems to be the case. I did see someone got two hopper for 100.00, but probably put the squeeze on CSR.
Just recordings tween hoppers, can the one joey see the two hoppers?

I did check awhile back and the $100 per hopper seems to be the case. I did see someone got two hopper for 100.00, but probably put the squeeze on CSR.
Just recordings tween hoppers, can the one joey see the two hoppers?
the joeys could always flip between hoppers from Day 1. Now the drop down is available in the DVR recording list, so it's easier for even the Joeys.

As to people getting better than the standard offers... Yeah, they're basically getting transferred to Loyalty department when you mention canceling and moving to DirecTV. Probably varies a lot between customers.

Even at $200 I think it is worth it for the second Hopper. Then again I also thought $600 was worth it for a third. Hoppers can see each other's recordings on their respective internal drives. Currently that can't see each other's external drives, or set timers for each other. Joeys can see all Hoppers' recordings (at least via MoCA.) Joeys can see the external drives as well as create/modify the timers of the Hopper that they are currently linked to. Changing which Hopper that the Joey is linked to is fairly easy. The first Hopper is $10 a month, and each additional Hopper/Joey is $7 a month (not including upgrade fees for extra Hoppers.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)