2nd baby to be ordered - DVDO iScan Duo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've been contemplating getting one of these after some hands on experience with this, two different Radiance models and the VideoEQ Pro. It was a slick unit. I was waiting until I had time to research the differences between it and the EQ Pro. I know that the EQ Pro seemed a bit more robust via firmware updates. But the Duo was a lot faster at calibration. Did you research the difference between these two?

It was pretty cool calibrating with these units in CalMAN 4. Everything was automated! And I can't wait until Tom adds the direct interface to ChromaPure. I like CalMAN. But the price of the pro version is way too steep. I got in on ChromaPure back a few months and stepped up to the pro version for only a Ben Franklin with this last upgrade.

I did not compare. The Duo was in my range, and Gregg recommended it. After reading Tom's review of it, I just pulled the trigger. The ability to dial in gamma and grayscale across each of the 11 steps, as well as the CMS feature, is worth its weight in gold.

The accurate color triangle took a little getting used too, and seemed drab. Now when I switch it off, everything looks like crap, because of the saturation. Football fields really look different.

I just finished up my review of the VideoEQ at the Shack. Next up is the Duo and then the Radiance. :up

elwaylite,

I noticed in the other thread that you're running CalMAN 4.XX. Which version do you have and if it's the Enthusiast or higher version have you tried the interactive function with the Duo? I've found that I get better results manually than with the interactive function. I think it may be because of the increment of change CalMAN implements. This was true with both the Duo and the VideoEQ Pro.

I figured I would throw this question here rather than muddying up your other thread.

I have the enthusiast, but have not tried it. There is a few guys in the Duo thread at AVS that might could better help you, as they are using it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)