2nd dish for America's Top 180 Package?

mjstraw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
If I'm reading/understanding correctly, it looks like you need a 2nd dish pointed at 61.5 to receive all the channels included in the America's Top 180 package. Is this true?

Classic Arts Showcase, FEC/PAEC and Good Samaritan Network do not appear to be available on 110 or 119 and are part of the package.

Mark

Those public interest channels, which Dish is required to carry, are available to all Dish "subscribers" including AT60 and higher and Dish Latino packages. But yes, you need a second dish pointed at 61.5 or 148 to receive them.

IF you live in a market with some local stations on one of these side dishes, you can subscribe to locals (if you haven't already), then ask Dish to install the second dish free. You're free to cancel locals at any time, but you get to keep the dish.

mjstraw said:
If I'm reading/understaning correctly, it looks like you need a 2nd dish pointed at 61.5 to receive all the channels included in the America's Top 180 package. Is this true?

Classic Arts Showcase, FEC/PAEC and Good Samaritan Network do not appear to be available on 110 or 119 and are part of the package.

Mark
I believe those are public interest channels which are free with a minimum programming package. I don't have those channels but I don't have a dish aimed at 61.5 either. :)

The 61.5 or 148 PI channels are free for any subscriber, no minimum required

I have just locals and can get those (can't get the others on 110/119 though) :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)