2nd remote does not work when primary tv is on

swalke2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
atlanta
I'm having an issue that Dish cannot seem to resolve and I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

This has been going on for a quit a while and I have given up on calling tech support as I have to struggle thru the script reading, hard and soft reboots, standing on my head etc....

My receiver is the VIP622 and I have it hooked up to my Philips plasma TV.

When I have the primary tv (plasma) turned on and watching TV, the remote for the 2nd tv (standard def) stops working. If I turn the primary television off the remote for the second tv will start working again. Once the primary comes on the second stops.

I have moved the antena, made an extension for the antena, moved my box away from the tv, verified all the all the settings are what they should be or as they were whe the install tech left.

Now here is where it gets crazy. usually when I make a move ie:move box, antena etc the 2nd remote will work for an a little bit. i even had it working for about 2 days then it reverted back to not working when the other tv is on.

When i first got dish when ever I would call i would get someone that was helpful and non script reading...

Yesterday I called and immediatly asked for a supervisor and escaltaion to which i got read a script and then hung up on
called back and same deal script/hung up on
Third times a charm...i think not
called got script was told I was being trasfered to a supervisor and stayed on hold for 22 minutes before ..yes being hung up on.

Can someone please help with tech support or provide a number to wher ei can get some real help.

I just wanna watch tv

Thanks
steve

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my 622. I had to change the channel that the remote was on. Do a search and you will find the procedure on here. There is a switch under the battery cover that you can change, but you have to do something with the reciever also.

WOW, that sounds like my issue for sure. Im glad its not only me and im not going mental.
Ill report back, once its working....

Thanks everyone!

All Hail sateliteguys!

Thanks for all that helped! I changed tv2 remote from chanel A to B and worked instantly.

All this time trying to mess around with DISH customer support and you wonderful people were here right in front of me all the time.

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts