2nd tuner not working on r-16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkmaldonado

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I recently had to reset my R-16 300 standard def dvr. After the reset I was no longer able to record something and watch a different channel. I call tech support and they walked me thru numerous "Satellite Setup" procedures, but did not fix the problem. Always after the setup a note would appear that the 2nd tuner is not active. My other HD DVR is working properly so I don't think anything in the wiring or dish is at fault. Does any one have any ideas for a fix?

Get a replacement. The R16 is a not D* best receiver.
My does the same untill I reboot, and the Guide and Menus have snail like responce that only make it worse for hitting the buttons 10 times in a row, Because your not sure it got your remote command. I HATE this receiver. I'll take an HR-20 over this anyday.
Maybe look into getting a R22. I hear those are way better.

same problem 2 weeks ago

so what you have to do is get a new IRD you have a bad tuner 2 i spent almost 3 days working on it i was stumped well good luck :eek:

If you can from the signal strength screen check the voltage output. Transponder 1 should be 13v and transponder 2 should be 18v. If not then its a toasted box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.