.2network (pronounced dot 2)

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Is anyone receiving the .2 network yet? I just got confirmation from the director of Engineering at KCTV in Kansas City that they are one of the preliminary list of stations to carry it as a multicasting chanel.

Meridith is the parent company and they have a short list of some stations slated to carry it on the websight dot2network.com. Looks to be a movie channel.

I have enough sub-channels already. If any of them in my area pick this up, I hope it would be fox as it has no subchannels right now.

I was to have it Dec 7 but KHOU (Houston TX) said they couldn't do it do to the economic slump we're in right now.

Dot2 does appear to be one of the more promising subchannels out there. At least it claims to have real programming, and has MGM & Sony contracts already signed. If they are able to get enough movies in HD, I could see some stations carrying them 4 nights a week in HD instead of My Network, who would still get Friday Night HD for Smackdown.

Contacted and received a reply from John Schneider at dot2.network, He stated they were waiting for majority of their affiliates to get equiptment before major roll out. Said they hoped to have national launch by April of 09.

No affiliates in California yet. There are a number of stations large and small in the greater LA area that would be a good fit for this network. From what the website says it sounds something like the programming that KDOC already carries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts