I see that TiVo Edge for Antenna is discontinued (even the 2 tuner now), are they going to make another OTA DVR or is TiVo done?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I currently have a TiVo Bolt for my antenna, and was planning when I have a little extra money to wait to see if a TiVo Edge for Antenna (4-tuner) happens to show up on eBay (as they occasionally show up there), but I read an article that even the 2 tuner is now discontinued. Maybe they will make another 4 tuner (or hopefully more tuners) OTA DVR, possibly capable of ATSC 3.0? Or are they done with OTA DVRs? If they do plan to do an ATSC 3.0 DVR that would save me the trouble of also getting an HD HomeRun Flex 4K for that. ((At that point I would have a TiVo Bolt for me to use for my antenna, TiVo Edge for Antenna (4 tuner), and an HD HomeRun Flex 4K.)) Are there going to be anymore TiVo DVRs or should I just get an Edge 4 tuner for my next (and probably last) TiVo DVR?

My TIVOs have been bombarded with messages offering fire sale prices on the Edge.

I have an Edge and a Roamio, both with lifetime.

I wonder if “lifetime” will have a new definition soon.

Are they still supporting month to month or other periodic subscriptions?

I suspect ATSC 3 is intended to kill off DVRs. Sad day.

I wonder if “lifetime” will have a new definition soon.

Are they still supporting month to month or other periodic subscriptions?

I suspect ATSC 3 is intended to kill off DVRs. Sad day.
Monthly is the default. Annual is an option, as is lifetime

Lifetime is probably as long as a cable option is available. Spectrum seems to be ready to stop cable and push streaming, which won't work with these boxes.
Ultimately the boxes become useless when TIVO stops supporting guide data