($3.00) monthly credit for DISHDVR Advantage?

Laserich

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Stationary Orbit
Anyone know what the new 3 dollar monthly credit listed as "DVR Advantage Credit" on my online statement is for? (I have Classic Silver 200 DDA w/Silver HD plus locals)

Does anyone know where to find a concise explanation of the price increases on the Dish website?

Thanks a bunch!

Anyone know what the new 3 dollar monthly credit listed as "DVR Advantage Credit" on my online statement is for? (I have Classic Silver 200 DDA w/Silver HD plus locals)

Does anyone know where to find a concise explanation of the price increases on the Dish website?

Thanks a bunch!

Maybe breakover billing if your billing period extends into March when the DVR Advantage rates change. Without posting the entire bill, all anyone can do is guess.

Here's what I'm seeing...looks like a monthly credit. I've got like 3 months left on an 18 mo commitment. Anyone else have this 3.00$ credit showing on their programming?

Attachments

• dishprice.jpg
    dishprice.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 404
Here's what I'm seeing...looks like a monthly credit. I've got like 3 months left on an 18 mo commitment. Anyone else have this 3.00$ credit showing on their programming?

I have the same packages as you but I won't be billed under the new rates until February 16, my next billing date. I cannot even get to my programming section of the account since I previously was an annual subscriber. Mine may look the same but I won't know until they generate a new bill for me. The $3 credit is like they credited back the price increase of the Classic Silver (AT200) package.

Rumor is that they are only going to increase the DDA200 on existing customers $5. You should see an $8 charge with a $3 credit.

Rumor is that they are only going to increase the DDA200 on existing customers $5. You should see an $8 charge with a $3 credit.

That would be a very nice rumor if it comes true. Then the price hike would be only $5.00 on the dish dvr advantage. I think that $8.00 is simply OUTRAGEOUS in these economic bad times.

HELL , I thought that the $10.00 increase for hd subs with AEP a couple of years back was just as bad and I down sized to top 250 /hd pack and Hbo/Starz. I also dropped my third 622 receiver.

This year I have down sized again and dropped the premiums entirely. I also dropped my 2nd 722 off of my account and have only one 722 and a new 211k that I swapped at dishdepot.com for my old unused 622 dvr. I now have no dvr fees at all since I added the external hard drive to the 211k. Of course it costed me another $39.99 for the external hard drive ,and I already paid it for the 722 last year.

Next year, I guess I will down size again to just the top 200 dvr advantage to save next years price increase. Charlie keeps on hiking the prices and I keep on dropping my programming. Once the programming runs out I will switch to just ota and just use the dvr plus dvrs from Echostar. I made it for years with no cable or satellite and I could always go back to it.

DishDVR Advantage $3 credit

On page 1 of your bill there should be this message which explains the credit

"Thank you! As an exclusive DishDVR Advantage customer, DISH network is pleased to give you an automatic $3 monthly credit through 2009 - simply as a token of our appreciation!"

On page 1 of your bill there should be this message which explains the credit

"Thank you! As an exclusive DishDVR Advantage customer, DISH network is pleased to give you an automatic $3 monthly credit through 2009 - simply as a token of our appreciation!"

Then next year we will raise you price even more with the 2010 price hike. At least DISH did what I is suggested and tried to offset some of the $8.00 price hike for this year. Unless they hiked the dish dvr advantage pack to $8.00 just so they could offer this $3.00 token of their appreciation. I noticed that DISH is trying to spin all kinds of hikes with these little offsets to try to look like they are offering something of value to the customer.

Like the combined fees of dvr fee and additional hd receiver for 12.00 now and you SAVE .98 cents! Or $10.00 for an sd and dvr fee and you still save .98 cents! The more receivers you add the more you SAVE! Really? Lets see 12.00 for each hd dvr and I save a measly .98 cents . Talk about fuzzy math.

DISH also dropped the ridiculous hd enabeling fee by $2.00 to $5.00 instead of $7.00 so you can NOT have any hd. Why have this fee at all? Just do what DIRECTV has done and if you add an hd receiver you have to take hd. Seems silly to pay Money to NOT have hd channels .

I guess it is all in the spin and how they present it . Presentation is everything. Unfortunately for DISH so is the perception of them having the most add on FEES in the sat business.

Last edited:
I got my bill and seen a $8 price hike. I had DDA Top 200 w/silver HD and I didn't get the $3 off. My bill went from $65 to $73, which is quite ridiculous. I'm thinking of bumping my package down to the Top 100 now to even out the price increase since I'd only lose a couple channels I occasionally watch anyway.

I have DVR Advantage and Classic Silver 200, a 622 DVR and a 722 DVR. I got the $3.00 credit, my monthly charge went from $74.69 to $79.64, I won't complain about $4.95 monthly increase.
I have been with Dish 8 years and would not switch to anything else! No one else can provide the programming I want and the ability to record/watch 6 programs at a time for that amount of money.

I got my bill and seen a $8 price hike. I had DDA Top 200 w/silver HD and I didn't get the $3 off. My bill went from $65 to $73, which is quite ridiculous. I'm thinking of bumping my package down to the Top 100 now to even out the price increase since I'd only lose a couple channels I occasionally watch anyway.

That's what I did. I lowered from DVR Advantage Silver 200 /w HD ($64.99)to DVR Advantage Bronze /w HD ($54.99). I hate when companies raise their prices. Because of this DISH is actually getting less money from me a month than before they raised prices.

That's what I did. I lowered from DVR Advantage Silver 200 /w HD ($64.99)to DVR Advantage Bronze /w HD ($54.99). I hate when companies raise their prices. Because of this DISH is actually getting less money from me a month than before they raised prices.

It will be nice to see a poll asking people if they've lowered their package because of the price increase. The percentage might be low but it will show that it wasn't a good idea to raise prices the way they did with our current economy.

this is facts right here....

$3 credit is through end of 2009, no word if will continue after that..

$3 credits only goes to those with dvr advantage that already had a phone line connected before febarary 1. reason is because dvr advantage now waives the $5 charge for tv2 instead of $5 off on programming so if you already benefit from the $5 off because you have phone line connected already you were screwed since you lose the dvr discount of $5.98 but the new automatic tv2 discount is no help to you.

I took the 3/mo. free HBO & Stars for a 2 yr. commitment and the 3 mo. were over in Feb. and noticed full price on my bill so called to cancel and complained about DVR advantage and they said it was being discontinued Feb. 1st.

I really believe that DISH hiked the price of dvr advantage to $8.00 just so they could offer you the $3.00 off as something of value. I don't see anything of any real value added to the dvr advantage pack that would justify an $8.00 increase. This is part of DISH's new spin campaign to make it LOOK like they are giving you something. For instance they now list as a savings of $5.00 because you have your dual tuner dvr connected to the internet or phone connection. But also they no longer charge you for the first dvr now NOT connected anyway. Also DISH claims that they you save .98 cents and up to $12.00 a year on the new combined fees of dvr fee and additional/lease receiver fees. The more dvrs you add the more you SAVE! Come on this is bullsh*t. So you save because.98cents x12 =$11.98 a year. But you still pay the $12.00 a month for an addtional hd or $10.00 for an additional sd dvr for each one you add. So using their math 12 x 12.00 for each dvr =$144.00 extra that you PAY each year ,just to have an additional hd dvr receiver. It's all spin and this year DISH has decided this year to try to spin their price increases as a way to SAVE you money. The question is will DISH subs even see that they are trying to pull the wool over their eyes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)