3/23/2011 4:16pm - Uplink Activity Report - 63 changes

They added Fox for Anchorage, but lost the guide data for this channel. They have it for the SD version, but the info for the OTA HD channel and 5612 are MIA.

There is a long thread about a package that was supposed to have MSNBC but does not. This corrects that oversight. Directly related to the CSR's here on Satguys getting it done.

17 and 19 are carrying HD locals on conus for no apparent reason that I can see.

It's called, "no single spotbeam properly covers the DMA since the bird wasn't designed for this slot", and some of us are very glad that they're CONUS. Granted, I don't know why they haven't moved them to 72 or 77, but maybe they haven't converted everybody to EA yet. Remember, initially they wouldn't convert existing customers to EA.

I thought those package flags might be to match FOX-News by adding to AT120, but no.

I wonder what the change was ?

Dish America Silver and Gold I believe...
In the HD list Scott provided a while back (before the Disney dispute), msnbc was listed as a channel for both packages. However, many members here posted that they were not getting the channel.
Anyway, it seems that the Dish Response Team on the forum helped subs get msnbc in the packages it belongs in.

Presumably mike is discussing 23 because of all those INV channels uplinked in this thread. But it's also worth noting that 17, 19, and 21 are also currently in conus mode but could go to spots. 17 and 19 are carrying HD locals on conus for no apparent reason that I can see. Plus 21 is currently carrying SD internationals that, if I were running this show, would go on 72 or 77.

As mentioned above 17 and 19 are because of DMA coverage issues, perhaps they will be moved, or they could stay until the new spot beam sat is launched to 61.5.

23 may be better as a spot beam TP choice than 17,19 & 21 because different TPs can be used in different spot beams. 23 may be in the spots that they need and the other ones may not be.

It is just speculation of course given the large number of channels that were put in the table for the TP.