3.2ir Remote codes for Onkyo?

Zorlac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Iowa
Hello all. I have an DP311 (old I know) with the 3.2ir remote. I use an Onkyo HT-R640 (also known as the HTS894) reciever and DVD player.

I just programmed the remote in Aux limited mode so I can now control volume using the 3.2ir as well as mute. However I am unable to turn on or off the receiver. I tried all codes from here but the only one that works is 660.

Also, I tried programming the 3.2ir for the dvd player. I can turn it on however the FF, RW, Select, Stop and Pause buttons do not work. If I play the dvd (using the Onkyo remote) I CAN skip, pause, stop the movie on the 3.2ir. However when Im back to the dvd menu, the buttons will not work. I can at least turn on and off the DVD player.

Any ideas? I can live without the dvd player working fine with the 3.2ir, but being able to turn on and off the receiver from the remote is important. Really hope I can figure out how to make it work. Thanks!

Onkyo and Harmon Karden have made it difficult because ON and OFF are two seperate commands, unlike most other brands that simply use Power Toggle. I do not believe there is any work around for the 3.2 remote.

Actually, I prefer discrete ON and OFF commands for remotes such as the Harmonys. Less likely to get somehow set to the wrong end of that toggle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)