3/31/2010 2:35pm - Uplink Activity Report - 171 changes

I am betting that sooner or later they will re add all the international channels to 61.5 sat , so no more need for the 118 add on sat dish . That way eastern arc is complete for both latino pack and internationals with one dish.

did you listen to Scott show last night he gave a list of what new channels that are up and being tested right now.you might have to wait a couple of weeks or so until the new channels are on.

here are the following channels in testing right now

History Channel Internationa
Shorts
Epix
HLN
G4
Style
RFDTV
QVC
Outdoor Channel
Nat Geo Wild

I wish Dish would add the following HD Channels

TCM-Turner Classic Movies HD
GAC-Great American Country HD
HSN-Home Shopping Network HD
WealthTVHD

Although all of the new HD will show up as red in my guide, at least I have something to look forward to once E-14 is operational.

Glad to see you guys noticed the correlation of the number scheme this time ;)

Next step is they'll move into the 300 and/or 94xx range, then they'll go active a few weeks after. Of course if they repeat their history of doing things.

And dangit... I think I broke the EPG matching logic of subchannels when I fixed the video subchannel matching when I didn't have an entry for the channel. Oh well...keeps me busy on the uplink report tool.

Dish usually adds channels at or around noon mountain time on Wednesdays. IOW, probably nothing this week.

HOWEVER, Dish has turned on channels on Thursdays and Mondays on occasion. And ONE time, on a Friday.

See ya
Tony

i bet the fans of Attack of the Show on G4 want G4HD launched by the end of the week. since next week start "Epic April" which will be a big month for AOTS on G4. and the past few weeks on G4 they been running ads for Epic April on AOTS and they did put the words "HD where Available" during the commercial, that means AOTS could be going HD, since they are one of two shows on G4 that been the network's flagship shows. the other is X-Play which is already done started broadcasting in HD.

One dish solution sucks for me in Florida keys eastern arc dish I had was no good for my location (no locals) now they swapped it out for dish 500 with 110/119 and another dish for 6.15 now I have lost BBC America HD (and I love my HD) I cannot get 129 here to low and tress
I wonder if another dish 500 would get 72 and 61.5 ??

Anyone

Last edited:
between 110 and 119 its 9degrees difference. So 500 might work for 72 and 61.5 which are 10.5 apart. But the LNB's must be modified.

I am not sure if this is correct. This is my assumption.

between 110 and 119 its 9degrees difference. So 500 might work for 72 and 61.5 which are 10.5 apart. But the LNB's must be modified.

I am not sure if this is correct. This is my assumption.

Actually, the '72' satellite is really at 72.7 degrees. People just refer to it as 72 for shorthand. So the spacing is a little more...72.7 and 61.5 are 11.2 degrees apart.

There have been other threads here about using a Dish 500 for 72.7 and 61.5. It does work, but the signal levels are a little lower than what you would get with the correct dish (because the spacing is 11.2 vs the 9 degrees that the 500 was designed for.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)