3/4/2009 2:28pm - Uplink Activity Report - 66 changes

I'm happy. I already get the Reno digital locals OTA, but this will help with scheduling conflicts and some recent down time from weather related events on the mountain where the transmitters are located.

The only possible reason for not turning on National HD is marketing.

Or, they're being cheap. Take ESPNUHD for example. My understanding is that an agreement for this channel on Dish has been signed. The agreement states that Dish will be charged x amount per sub once the channel goes live. So why hasn't the channel shown up on Dish yet? Because Dish does not want to pay the network for the subs that would receive it.

IMO, it's pretty obvious that their priority is to launch HD locals right now. If and only if there's bandwith available after they're done, then they'll turn on some HD Nationals.
Is there a reason why they only turn so stations a week besides that is what they want to do?

Or, they're being cheap. Take ESPNUHD for example. My understanding is that an agreement for this channel on Dish has been signed. The agreement states that Dish will be charged x amount per sub once the channel goes live. So why hasn't the channel shown up on Dish yet? Because Dish does not want to pay the network for the subs that would receive it.

Well, basketball season is nearly over -- if they don't put it up this month, then they may as well wait until football season starts this summer.

I saw that UVerse got ESPNU HD recently. But yeah, it must be the economy causing Dish to lose subs... :\

They must have worked out their issues with Newport Television because the two Jacksonville channels that were added are Newport.

Sigh...I guess I'll have to change my avatar now...and potentially pack up for the move back to Jacksonville.

Too bad. I had a little optimism about this week, but again Dish has crushed it.

Only thing is continued TMP shell games. Seeing those does not good if they never turn any on.

I'm sure the Las Vegas and Reno folks will be very happy!

Yes! Still waiting for PBS, but very happy about finally getting locals in HD. And a big thank you to everyone here who maintains the uplink reports - I wouldn't have known about this until I turned on my TV tonight.
Thank you! :clap

Or profit as they pocket the higher rates and don't have to spend any bucks for programming in return. I remember the days when E* added programming as it first became available.

I remember when in the old days all the programming was in the clear and free.. all you needed was $3k worth of C or KU band gear :):) Of course E* just announced higher profits with fewer subscribers (their new business plan I guess)... so maybe you are right... getting no new nationals with our new rate increases must just be part of the plan. I *am* happy for the subs who are finally getting their locals in HD... congrats.