3-D Televisions to go on sale at Best Buy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Been reading about 3-D television sets that are set to go on sale at Best Buy starting March 10th; I know that in Japan 3-D is starting to row, but I thought that it will be sometime in June or July for us.

I’ll be checking the Best Buy’s headlines tomorrow.

I don't see this 3D taking off with the average JOE anytime soon.

Been reading about 3-D television sets that are set to go on sale at Best Buy starting March 10th; I know that in Japan 3-D is starting to row, but I thought that it will be sometime in June or July for us.

I’ll be checking the Best Buy’s headlines tomorrow.

It's going to depend on the size you want when you will be able to purchase. Panasonic is releasing the 50v25 on a limited availability. The larger sizes (58 and 65) will come later on. The 65 isn't supposed to hit the shelves until June/July.

S~

I don't think 3D TV is going to be that big of a deal to the average person.

The change to HDTV was a huge improvement in picture quality, 3D TV will just be a novelty.

Not buying in, until it's glasses free and the PQ is worth it.

I saw some of Samsungs 3D LCD prices and about choked. I think the LCD business model is to keep coming up with gimmicks that arent that much better, if at all, so you can keep charging a couple thousand more than its worth.

3D actually downgrades the picture quality again.

They need HD-3D so all the colors and images stand out in 3D like they do on a normal HDTV.

Yep. Both pq and brightness go down...............and you have to wear glasses to achieve this...no thanks.

the glasses are 150 too most people's HDTV's are less than 5 years old and people are used keeping TV's lasting 10 plus years. ESP when you just spent 2,000 on HDTV

Well I sat down a couple weekends ago at Best Buy, put on the 3D glasses and watched about 10 minutes of the demo "Monsters vs. Aliens."

Within half an hour, and every day after that for over a week, I had a nagging headache that lasted most of the day, one of those where you feel like the back of your eyeballs is being squished in a vice.

I wonder if the two things are related somehow. It could have been the relatively small size TV they had in the demo area, or the fact that directly behind was a wall of other TVs that were reflected in the image I was trying to view.

I am very excited about this technology, and want it to be as good as what I've experienced in the movie theater, but if it causes headaches I will have to pass.

Pepper- this glasses 3D technology is not for everyone. That's too bad but it was the same deal with DLP. I remember listening to people complaining how the color wheel technology was giving them headaches with seeing rainbows. I can see those rainbows if I want but I know how to avoid them too. I believe the shutter glasses is worse and will eliminate quite a few people with vision issues and a propensity toward visual triggered seizures. 3 years ago I went through quite a bit of neurological testing for seizures and the shutter vision was one of the tests as well as strobe effects too. If you feel you suffer from headaches, then you really should avoid the technology. BTW- I tested negative and and was later tested positive for bradicardia.

In the movie theater, they use a polarized technology which is not the same. It is considered benign for brain function issues but shuttering the vision can trigger side effects in many people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)