3 day replay?

eclipse01

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
WI
How is this feature currently? Last time I heard it was only available for certain channels?

Only ones I really care about for this feature is ABC family and AMC. Do these work with this feature?

Yea, it's mainly for the Scripps channels (HGTV, DIY, Cooking Channel, Food Network, Travel Channel, etc.) and a few others. It is not available for both ABC Family & AMC. It works fine although sometimes it takes awhile for an old program to load initially and I have found some issues with the guide being wrong. I tried to watch an episode of House Hunters from 2 days ago but it kept showing "Nashville Flipped".

Yea, it's mainly for the Scripps channels (HGTV, DIY, Cooking Channel, Food Network, Travel Channel, etc.) and a few others. It is not available for both ABC Family & AMC. It works fine although sometimes it takes awhile for an old program to load initially and I have found some issues with the guide being wrong. I tried to watch an episode of House Hunters from 2 days ago but it kept showing "Nashville Flipped".
So basically your only option on those channels is to watch things live?

I too think they are going to have to add that capability for all channels (save maybe the ESPN ones since you have access to WatchESPN for replays) for most people to be satisfied with Sling TV.

Reactions: Benyth
I too think they are going to have to add that capability for all channels (save maybe the ESPN ones since you have access to WatchESPN for replays) for most people to be satisfied with Sling TV.
But I think that is the trade off for the low price. I wonder how much a DVR service would cost, $10, $20 a month? I wonder if Dish even has the rights to offer it or whether they are giving all they have.

When watching a "3-day replay" channel, if watching a program that is currently live you can rewind it to the beginning then fast-forward through commercials as you are watching it (until you catch up with live of course). But when watching a program replay, you cannot really use fast forward function. Now if you let it play for say 5 minutes then rewind it, then you can fast forward until you hit that same 5-minutes-into-the-program mark again. I find this REALLY annoying because I was watching a replay episode of American Pickers and for some reason Sling TV crashed -- so if I want to go back and finish watching it then I have to let the entire program play again instead of just being able to FF to where it was when Sling TV (locked-up then) crashed.

Reactions: TheKrell
I find this [not be able to really FF a 3-day replay program] REALLY annoying because I was watching a replay episode of American Pickers and for some reason Sling TV crashed -- so if I want to go back and finish watching it then I have to let the entire program play again instead of just being able to FF to where it was when Sling TV (locked-up then) crashed.
My wife hates this aspect even more than I do. You see she often falls asleep watching TV. So when she goes back to watch the end of a (3-day replay) program that she missed when she fell asleep, it is a royal pain in the arse! This very well might end up being a dealer-breaker for us keeping Sling TV!! I really hope they find a way to fix it; perhaps Sling TV could implement the option to jump to the middle of a program or better yet to skip ahead in 1/4 or even 1/8 (of the program) increments.

My wife hates this aspect even more than I do. You see she often falls asleep watching TV. So when she goes back to watch the end of a (3-day replay) program that she missed when she fell asleep, it is a royal pain in the arse! This very well might end up being a dealer-breaker for us keeping Sling TV!! I really hope they find a way to fix it; perhaps Sling TV could implement the option to jump to the middle of a program or better yet to skip ahead in 1/4 or even 1/8 (of the program) increments.
Well, we did end up leaving Sling TV earlier this year because of the issue I outlined above. I see now they are about start beta testing a Cloud DVR -- that sounds like something that could lure us back to Sling TV.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts