3 hopper and 2 joey on one account

ikm19

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Houston
Currently i have two 722 and 622 connected to 5 tv and a sling adapter.
i would like to replace all my VIP to Hopper and joey setup. Is it possible to have 3 hopper and 2 joey on one account.
I had purchased a hopper online hoping i will be able to replace one of my 722 but it looks its not possible yet.
So i would like to lease 2 Hopper and 2 joey from Dish and also add the one hopper i purchased.

Last edited:
I've heard that it is. But may I ask why they huge leap from a 4 tuner system to a 9 tuner system? You could easily get by with 2 hoppers, especially with PTAT. Why not just lease one additional hopper and 2 joeys?

This is setup i currently have.. In hall i have 722 connected to sling adapter and two tvs and in bedroom we have one more 722 sharing with guest room and in master bedroom we have 622 connected to just one tv. I forgot to mention above another tv in master bedroom.

I don't want master bedroom dvr to be shared with any room.

It will take an extra node and 2 switches to install 3 hoppers.

You could put 1 hopper in the mstr bdrm with the sling on a solo node with no joeys
and the 2nd hopper on the other node with 3 joeys.

Three Cable lines from 1000.4 or 1000.2 LNB into a 44 switch. Power the power 44 switch on port one without anything else connected to port 1. port 2,3,4 into a duo node for two of the hoppers. Using the 3 cascading ports on the right side of the 44 switch run 3 cables to a 33 switch and 2 lines from the bottom of the 33 switch into a solo node for the 3rd hopper.

Just because it can be done will it be allowed to be done?Maybe DIRT can chime in but an install like that will be out of the normal range and likely have a big $$$$ attached to it.

I have already purchased one hopper i am looking to get good deal on joey and then will sign contract for 2 hopper and 2 joey and in future will add one more hopper to account..

Do we have to pay anything extra for 2 hopper and 2 joey setup ?

I have already purchased one hopper i am looking to get good deal on joey and then will sign contract for 2 hopper and 2 joey and in future will add one more hopper to account..

Contact DIRT for exact upgrade costs, but it will probably be $100 per hopper like most existing customers.

there's a separate thread on the maximum limit. http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/280552-3-hoppers-9-joeys-new-maximum.html

You should contact DIRT about it as it all goes through a special department to add the third hopper.

One Hopper is free. Each additional Hopper/Joey is $7.00 per month.

One Hopper is free. Each additional Hopper/Joey is $7.00 per month.
for existing customers, neither hopper is free.

For new customers, the first hopper is free with Top 200. However, the second hopper is $199.

(all assuming you qualify for the promotions)

Last edited:
for existing customers, neither hopper is free.

For new customers, the first hopper is free with Top 200. However, the second hopper is $199.

(all assuming you qualify for the promotions)
Was talking about monthly fees, as OP owns the one Hopper.

hopper-joey-fees.png

This might help someone..

I am about to pull the trigger on a $400 Hopper (plus another $130 in switch costs and $50 in shipping) and I just wanted to confirm, I can successfully add a third Hopper to my already leased 2H/2J setup? I would also like to return a Joey if this is possible. So that will be 3H/1J.

3HaloODST said:
I am about to pull the trigger on a $400 Hopper (plus another $130 in switch costs and $50 in shipping) and I just wanted to confirm, I can successfully add a third Hopper to my already leased 2H/2J setup? I would also like to return a Joey if this is possible. So that will be 3H/1J.

When you get this all set up are you gonna let us all into the knowledge of how you got it all to work together? Or is this Hopper gonna be independent from the other boxes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts