3 input hdmi ?

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Does anyone know of a 3 input HDMI reciever? Ive seen the Denon one from last year, but Im sure there has to be more out there...

Or if there is a good idea anyone has, let me know... Ive been looking around, and there are plenty of 2-input models, but...

E* ViP 622 reciever
DVD Player
and Game Console

Equals 3 HDMI Inputs

Does anyone know of a 3 input HDMI reciever? Ive seen the Denon one from last year, but Im sure there has to be more out there...

Or if there is a good idea anyone has, let me know... Ive been looking around, and there are plenty of 2-input models, but...

E* ViP 622 reciever
DVD Player
and Game Console

Equals 3 HDMI Inputs

Look at the Pioneer Elite VSX-84 its a great receiver with ton of features and could be found for around $1,300.

Yamaha RX-V2700
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-G0cXmP4oJSv/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=10420&I=022RXV2700

Denon AVR-4306
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-G0cXmP...b=morephotos&pi=2&i=033AV4306B&display=XL#Tab

Just a couple examples, but it's pricey for the 3 input models.

The only other idea would be an HDMI switch, but most I have seen only do the video and do not pass audio. Probably have to call and verify audio is passed.

Here's one with 4 in 1 out, auto switch. Just and example, not sure on the quality.
http://www.radiient.com/s.nl/it.I/id.21/.f?sc=2&category=41

Last edited:
yeah, it does appear many of the newer ones finally pass audio also. very frustrating when I was orignally looking that very few were passing it.

Ill never understand the industries logic of bringing video signals through the same reciever with audio signals and amplifiers. A horrible idea and all it does is sell more hardware. :rolleyes:

I think you have your answer right there vurbano. Sell more hardware! :)

I would also argue that it makes things easier for many people with only 1 cable to connect. I remember when my parents got their first VCR, WOW, you thought the world would come to an end. Seperate cables for AUDIO? OMG! laff.

To add to the list of mulitple HDMI inputs: Pioneer Elite has one with 4:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069789_310985784,00.html

I plan on purchasing one to help eliminate clutter. I have a Yamaha Z1 now with multiple component inputs; it is a nightmare to add or delete new units to it. 4 HDMI inputs will be perfect for me as I have a TIVO Series 3, an HR10-250, a Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray, and a DVHS! So I am really looking forward to elminating a bunch of cables.

A member commented on the combination of audio/video in one cable. Does anyone have any objective evidence that HDMI performs worse than seperate cables other than an just an opinion?

Ill never understand the industries logic of bringing video signals through the same reciever with audio signals and amplifiers. A horrible idea and all it does is sell more hardware. :rolleyes:
If everything's digital, what difference does it make? It's not like the video ones and zeros are different then the audios ones and zeros.

I just purchased a new Onkyo TX-SR 805 with 3 HDMI 1.3 inputs and wow is this AV receiver awesome. It does everything I want, need and could possible need in the future. With the price point well below what others are selling theirs for makes it an exceptional bargain. Check it out. I purchased it from OneCall on line. The specs are a plus and in the real world it performs at least as good as if not better than any of the others even the ones costing much more. 130 clean watts per channel and more inputs/outputs than you can shake a stick at. What's more, it up-converts all video signals to either HDMI or Component, whichever you decide to use. Add to that a surround sound microphone for setting the proper surround levels and bi amping if you so desire and you have a Rolls Royce for the price of a Toyota.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)