3 Lmb swm 2nd location

Status
Please reply by conversation.

migraff

Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
wisconsin
Hi everyone, i hope someone can give me some help. I use to have a Direct tv 5lmb swm set up on my main residence. My parents have a cabin about an hour north of me and wanted satellite because they couldnt get any reception. To help them out i bought a slimline dish with a 5lmb head and all the hardware that went with it and used one of my receivers. i installed it on there cabin and everything worked fine. Do to some direct tv issues they updated my 5lmb to the 3lmb swm system. I now have the whole home DVR with 3 other receivers. i bought a new 3lmb swm head to replace the old 5lmb on the cabin dish. I installed one of my receivers and i cant get any signal. The amber network light on the little geni just flashes. ugh i just want to help my budget strapped parents out. what do i need to get there system working without them having them pay for it? can i get a different receiver? any help would be great thanks

Did you happen to run a Repeat Sat Set up ?
Normally a SWM set up is detected automatically, however, when going from a 5 to a 3 or vice versa, you may have to go in and tell it which your using.

I recently changed my MH set up to SWM and had a few issues till I got everything straight.

So we know you've a SWM LNB. Do you have the required power supply? What is the model numbers of the receivers being used?

:welcome to Satelliteguys migraff.
It sounds like you are using your setup at your home at the same time your parents are. That's against the terms of service you signed when you got Directv. That means I have to close this thread to further discussion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts