3 LNB Aiming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gbac

Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Eastern, WA
I have a 18" X 20" 3LNB dish and can pick up 101 sat - 110 sat & 119 sat but am unable to get all 3 or even 2 at same time. Nearly all of my signals are in the 90's and I have looked all over the internet and can't get any answers - this looks like the best place.

Thanks in advance,

gbac

I have a 18" X 20" 3LNB dish and can pick up 101 sat - 110 sat & 119 sat but am unable to get all 3 or even 2 at same time. Nearly all of my signals are in the 90's and I have looked all over the internet and can't get any answers - this looks like the best place.

Thanks in advance,

gbac

Probably need a bit more info.. You said you are able to get all 90's on all sats?? Is the receiver just not recognizing them or something?

As kcaudiofx said, your post is incomplete. Which satellites are you getting signal on? Are you pointing at the 110 satellite? Is the mast plumb and have you rechecked the skew? How about your connections, are they all tight?

What are you trying to pick up with that older style dish ?

There's not much on the 110, 119 anymore.

All the good stuff is on the 99,101,103 now.

I read this as he can get 90s on 101 and possible 110 and 119 if he adjusts for those individually.
Therefore he has an alignment problem and it's most likely due to the skew/tilt setting.
Also, with the Phase III dish (the one he has) your basic aim is at the 110 sat.

But, as was stated above. You really should upgrade to the Slimline 3LNB dish.

I read this as he can get 90s on 101 and possible 110 and 119 if he adjusts for those individually.
Therefore he has an alignment problem and it's most likely due to the skew/tilt setting.
Also, with the Phase III dish (the one he has) your basic aim is at the 110 sat.

But, as was stated above. You really should upgrade to the Slimline 3LNB dish.

That is correct that I can 101, 110 & 119 with individual aiming but when I adjust the skew to bring in all three at the same time no luck. I was told that these 3 sats were the ones I need for locals and the balance of the channels in my area and I do not subscribe to HD.

Make sure the mast is perfectly plumb and that the skew is set correctly. The Phase III dish's scale markings can be a problem. It might not be obvious what you align with the scale markings. This is true for the elevation as well as the skew. And, since the PH III points at 110, you should get that sat aligned first. Then slight adjustments on skew and then elevation should get you there.

I thought the SL3 was for the 99, 101, and 103 and the SL5 allowed also receiving the 110 and 119. Seems like the OP is aiming right of target.

It sounds like you're shooting either too high or too low if you can get two slots but not the third.

Step 1: make absolutely certain that the mast is plumb; the bubble level disc may not be good enough. No excuses or rationalization to the contrary on this step.

Step 2: set the tilt and elevation according to the numbers from dishpointer.com and do not mess with them until you can see all the slots and are ready to fine tune.

Step 3: do the azimuth sweep.

The Phase III is relatively forgiving and IF it has a fully functioning LNB assembly and isn't bent, it should be a snap to dial in.

I thought the SL3 was for the 99, 101, and 103 and the SL5 allowed also receiving the 110 and 119. Seems like the OP is aiming right of target.

He's not using an SL3. It's a Phase III with the 18x20 dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts