3 LNB dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxmac46

Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
I recently replaced my single LNB dish with a 3 LNB dish. At approximately 8:00 every night I lose the 101 sat. During the day all signal strengths are ~85% - 90% on all three sat's. The 101 either drops to 0 or around 50% at 8pm and comes back up to full strength sometime during the night. Any ideas? Any suggestions? Help! Thanks

There has been a reported bad batch of LNBs a while back, but your dish is so new it seems weird that could be it, but I would check it out.

Are there any possible line of sight issues?

Do you have more than one receiver, if so, does it happen on all of them?

Do you have any other switches in the system other than the built-in switch on the dish?

What make & model receivers do you have?

How old are they?

First, signals should be in early/mid to high 90s, all of them. Get them your to repeak the dish.

Second, assuming you verify it is _not_ a repeak issue, you may have a heat sensitive LNB, or one that is failing and exhibiting those behaviors. Get them to replace the lnb.

damaged said:
First, signals should be in early/mid to high 90s, all of them. Get them your to repeak the dish.

Second, assuming you verify it is _not_ a repeak issue, you may have a heat sensitive LNB, or one that is failing and exhibiting those behaviors. Get them to replace the lnb.

I would love for you to come to my area and try to peak every AU2 to the mid 90's across.

grydlok said:
I would love for you to come to my area and try to peak every AU2 to the mid 90's across.

Mine are that high, I read other members' posts who get signals that high, perhaps you need a professional to peak those dishes you speak of.

It only took an installer about 30 seconds to peak mine to the 90s.

As for me doing it, I am a network administrator, not a satellite installer, my post was to attempt to help, while yours was meant to inflame.

damaged said:
Mine are that high, I read other members' posts who get signals that high, perhaps you need a professional to peak those dishes you speak of.

It only took an installer about 30 seconds to peak mine to the 90s.

As for me doing it, I am a network administrator, not a satellite installer, my post was to attempt to help, while yours was meant to inflame.

Nope mine was intended to tell you it is not possible do to lOS issues some people may have. An answer of your signal isn't good enough is not HELP

If you would take you head out of your butt, you'd see it could also be a bad LNB which I mentioned, my post pointed out possibilities, not everything is from bad LOS(like you said you can't fix LOS from a forum), but I cannot expect one of your obvious limited intellegence to grasp that simple concept.

You are obviously a troll, so I will end this post in the only way your type understands:

Don't bother to reply, loser, you are on ignore.

Now quit being a hall monitor troll and get back to wanking off to the power rangers, or whatever it is you special olympics rejects do for fun.

damaged said:
If you would take you head out of your butt, you'd see it could also be a bad LNB which I mentioned, my post pointed out possibilities, not everything is from bad LOS(like you said you can't fix LOS from a forum), but I cannot expect one of your obvious limited intellegence to grasp that simple concept.

You are obviously a troll, so I will end this post in the only way your type understands:

Don't bother to reply, loser, you are on ignore.

Now quit being a hall monitor troll and get back to wanking off to the power rangers, or whatever it is you special olympics rejects do for fun.

wow that's the best you can come up with? I would have expected someone with you vast knowlegde you throw a better insult.

maxmac46 said:
The 101 either drops to 0 or around 50% at 8pm and comes back up to full strength sometime during the night. Any ideas? Any suggestions? Help! Thanks

Yeah, are you using a DVR on the same line, and is that DVR recording something regularily at 8pm which comes from the new channels you wanted to see?

For example if you have one coax at the wallplate and you try to feed it to both inputs of a DVR, then you have a tussle between tuners if they want different satellites. Only one can win, and that would result in the other sat signal being zero. I'm not sure if the DVRs are smart enough to give a specific error message on this.

You need two independent lines from a DVR back to the multiswitch.

Sounds exactly like the bad LNB problem that I had a few months back. Its crazy. They work fine throug the morning and day, but primetime comes around and the signal goes to zero.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts