3 LNB vs 5 LNB Slimline Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhillyUnionSoccer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
South Jersey (NJ)
Hi just got my new Direct install a 3 lnb Slimline dish with two HR-24 HD DVR receivers-

I called Direct back to have a 5 LNB installed so I could get Fox Deportes HD channel (I pay for sports pack so I figured why not get this additional HD sports channel)

Should I expect my signal strength to be lower with the 5 Lnb install? (3 lnb is very strong now )

Will this be a difficult install or rather easy for the installer?

What programming is the 5 LNB needed for? (other than Fox Deportes Channel in sports pack)

thanks

A simple swap of one lnb for the other is about all that is needed, maybe a small adjustment to the alignment. The signal strengths should be virtually identical. Besides local sd channels and a couple of hd Spanish ones, the only thing on 119 is some music channels. There isn't any programming on 110.

Depending on the LNB you may also have to have more cables run into your house. This might make you go from a SWiM install to a regular install. This may also mean that you need two cables to your DVR's.

Depending on the LNB you may also have to have more cables run into your house. This might make you go from a SWiM install to a regular install. This may also mean that you need two cables to your DVR's.

Nope, if the LNB is a SWM 3 Direct will send a tech with a SWM 5.

Either way, simple install, just swap and as said change configuration in receivers.
All angles and allignment is exactly the same for ka/ku 3 and ka/ku 5.

Actually I was asking about the geometry of the dish (it's surface reflections) into the feed; not look angles or alignment; but thanks. Jimbo already cleared it up.

Line of site comes into play with 5 vs. 3 lnb. The 119, if you need it, comes in at about 10 degrees lower angle than 99 AND 103. Lots of Spanish programming needs these days in my locale. Made that mistake ONCE....painful telling a customer your 1st choice of dish location ain't working and it has to be moved. Not as bad if you have it on a pole..a move on the roof sucks. If everyone elses training was like mine you learn a lot of things the hard way, but those are lessons remembered

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts