3 Questions about dish

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
I am new to dish network so

1) If I am watching a show is there a way to view upcoming times, like say channel x repeats the same show later in the week?

2) I have a DVR receiver and want to know if I can pause what I am watching without any info bars on the screen (like time remaining), just the tv picture?

3) Do any of the basic movie channels (encore, mgm, ect...) have on demand capibilities?

Sorry if these have already been asked so thanks

bha19

I am new to dish network so

1) If I am watching a show is there a way to view upcoming times, like say channel x repeats the same show later in the week?
Yes, simply press the # button while watching a show, and you can easily do a search for that show so you can see times that it will be on later

2) I have a DVR receiver and want to know if I can pause what I am watching without any info bars on the screen (like time remaining), just the tv picture?
No, any time you pause, it will display either the time remaining if it's previously recorded, or time behind live TV if watching something delayed live.

Edit: if you are looking to get a good screen shot of a static image this can be achieved by pausing then frame forward one frame (skip forward button while paused). Last I tried this (a few weeks ago) it did give me a paused screen with no extra information superimposed over the image.

3) Do any of the basic movie channels (encore, mgm, ect...) have on demand capibilities?
Not to my knowledge. There may be some things in dishonline that I'm not familiar with, but I don't think there are.

Sorry if these have already been asked so thanks

bha19
No problem, and :welcometo satelliteguys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts