3 Questions about the future

AUTIGERS1101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Huntsville, AL
First..

When, if ever, do you think TV2 will be able to watch shows/movies from the external hard drive?

Second..

Will we ever get to send the files to a computer and burn them on a DVD?

Third..

I have heard that you can only switch the external hard drive between TVs 3 times. If this is true, will there ever be something to make this unlimited? Where we can go from receiver to receiver or to a computer?

Sorry if these have been answered somewhere.

Thanks!

1) It can be done with the new 622 software.
2) Probably not going to happen b/c Dish is tied to the content providers who demand no copying at all.
3) It is correct (actually I heard it was 5 times), but it is something they are going to fix in a future software release.

1) It can be done with the new 622 software.
2) Probably not going to happen b/c Dish is tied to the content providers who demand no copying at all.
3) It is correct (actually I heard it was 5 times), but it is something they are going to fix in a future software release.

Correct on all but 3). Its 3 times. But yes, will be fixed in the future, we are told.

If Tivo can do it with the TiVoToGo functionality, why can't Dish? My friends with Tivo use TiVoToGo a lot, especially to archive sporting events they've recorded. It is a pretty sweet concept...

I suspect it's because Tivo has no contracts with content providers, and Dish does. Plus, providers may not view it worth their while to sue a company so close to bankruptcy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts