FSN North WI

sammy4041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
I am having a hard time figuring this out. I live in Wisconsin and the location where I live requires me to have FSN North Minnesota. I dont agree with this, but I have come to accept it.

When baseball season is here we have the twins on the actual FSN channel, and then they show the brewers on an alternate channel. So we do get to watch both, very cool. When FSN North HD came around I was quite dissapointed to see that they only where showing the twins in HD. After a few weeks of HD being activated, I noticed they were showing the Twins and Brewers on the same HD Channel. Very Very cool.

The problem now, why when I check the program guide they show the Bucks under the FSN HD and the Alternate HD channel they just activated, but I am not able to get either one of them. The blackout screen comes up on both of them.

Thanks in advance.

If there is no games shown in HD, you will get the black screen. The HD rsn's do not show upconverted sd. No way of knowing till baseball starts back up.

Maybe I didnt explain myself good enough and that is my fault.

There are actually bucks games that show up on the guide on both FSN North HD and the Alternate HD channel and I am not able to watch neither one. Whereas when the brewers where on FSN North HD I was able to get them.

So I dont know if the basketball blackout rules are different, but there should be no difference

I think I remember having the same problem last year. I was able to get the brewers and twinkies fine, but wasn't able to get the bucks games at all. They were always blacked out. I made several calls to Dish network and they kept passing the buck saying that it wasn't them but FSN Wisconsin's fault. I had directv prior to this and had no problems with the bucks games.
Somehow the switching program at Dish has us within the blackout
milwaukee area for games. Someone at dish needs to fix this.

I think I remember having the same problem last year. I was able to get the brewers and twinkies fine, but wasn't able to get the bucks games at all. They were always blacked out. I made several calls to Dish network and they kept passing the buck saying that it wasn't them but FSN Wisconsin's fault. I had directv prior to this and had no problems with the bucks games.
Somehow the switching program at Dish has us within the blackout
milwaukee area for games. Someone at dish needs to fix this.

I figured that if anyone had this problem it would be you Joewee, I have read your posts before, we live in the same city.

So do you get the games now.

I haven't checked any games yet. I couldn't even find a bucks
tv schedule the other day when I looked online. I didn't
notice the online dish guide. I will look the next time
the are scheduled to broadcast a game.

here;s a PDF of the Bucks schedule for you

If you have NBA League Pass only 1 Bucks game is not televised which is @ Toronto.

Attachments

• Bucks2007-08TVSchedule.pdf
    109.5 KB · Views: 186
Thanks for the link. I was able to find it. I will see
if the Magic Bucks game is on and not blacked
out on Wednesday.

I already put in on DVR.:)
Only thing with Dish HD DVR is, that you should edit the timer and set a start time two mins after the start of the program instead of the DVR default two mins before the program. The problem is that two min before the program the channel is off and you will record only the black screen with DishHD logo. I found it hard way with Brewers this season when came home two hours after the start of the game and saw that black screen from DVR. The game was fine live.
So that is my theory of game only FSN HD channels. I think Dish should activate the channels at least three minutes before the game in order to accomadate DVR default settings.

I am seeing the Bucks/Magic game on HD ALT channel 2 I believe, and it has to be FSN-Wisconsin HD b/c I don't have a blackout symbol, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy Dish put the HD Alt's on 61.5 in addition to 129!

I live in Holmen (La Crosse area) and the Bucks are on on the alt and the HD alt channel tonight. :) No blackout here. May want to contact E* and light a fire maybe. :)

Once again, here in Eau Claire the Bucks game was blacked out.
Guess I need to do some calling. Did anyone else in this area
get the game and/or blackout?

Yep,

Mine showed like they were going to be on and everything ended up being blacked out. This really sucks. I live in the Eau Claire area also.

Its one thing to black it out for everyone, but there is no rhyme or reason to it. Makes no sense why some one in Lacrosse would get it and not us. We are in the same screwy DMA. Not sure if this a dish issue or not. Anybody have any idea's.

Once again, here in Eau Claire the Bucks game was blacked out.
Guess I need to do some calling. Did anyone else in this area
get the game and/or blackout?

The bucks were on League Pass for free tonight. I am wondering if they blackout those games while the promotion is going on so people are forced to see the league pass promotions.

Cheap ass Charlie I am assuming is why you can't see the Bucks, call Directv just for fun and ask what teams claim your area.

well using DirecTV's site and 54703 here is what you get

The 54703 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package:

FSN North (Ch. 641)
# Milwaukee Brewers
# Minnesota Lynx
# Minnesota Timberwolves
# Minnesota Twins
# Minnesota Wild

so it looks like the Bucks are NOT in your local area but in 54601 (LaCrosse) they are

The 54601 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package:

FSN North (Ch. 641)
# Milwaukee Brewers
# Milwaukee Bucks
# Minnesota Lynx
# Minnesota Wild

Heck for fun I typed in 54880 (Superior, WI) and 54806 (Ashland) andgot Brewers, Lynx, Wolfies & Wild...so the Bucks territory is odd to say the least

I think is La Crosse, I get Brewers, Bucks, Lynx, Wild. Not the Twins, or wolves. Fine with me I am a all Wisconsin fan kinda guy...only out of state team I like is the Wild since there is no pro hockey in Wisconsin. (odd since we live in the cold yet alot of southern teams have them) Maybe they need the winter ac?

When I lived in Madison and had Directv I actually got the T-Wolves. but not with Dish 30 miles south where I currently live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)