3 Questions on HD TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulyme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
New Jersey
:wave Hi all ! I am pretty new to DirecTV and HD and I have 3 questions. :confused:

1. Will NBC HD remain a new channel after the Olympics?

2. What is the reason that a station like TNT, that broadcasts a number of programs in HD are not received in HD on my set? I have a Hughes HD receiver.

3. I live in Philadelphia, what is the procedure for me to receive CBS HD? Right now I just receive the local SD CBS station.

Thanks for your help! :)

Paulyme :cool:

paulyme said:
:wave Hi all ! I am pretty new to DirecTV and HD and I have 3 questions. :confused:

1. Will NBC HD remain a new channel after the Olympics?

2. What is the reason that a station like TNT, that broadcasts a number of programs in HD are not received in HD on my set? I have a Hughes HD receiver.

3. I live in Philadelphia, what is the procedure for me to receive CBS HD? Right now I just receive the local SD CBS station.

Thanks for your help! :)

Paulyme :cool:

#1, the rumor is that yes, a NBC HD feed will stick around, but I've not seen the official announcement from D* on how it will work and be available.

#2, D* doesn't carry the TNT-HD station, only the SD version. If you want the HD write D* and let them know.

#3, Assuming that there's no non Viacom O&O CBS station that serves you, all you need to do is call D* and ask them to turn on the WCBS-DT HD feed.

You didn't say so, but have you connected an over the air antenna, along with your dish, to you HD receiver? If not, do it and you should be able to receive your local over the air digital stations.

Thanks

Thanks, I called Dtv and they said they have to submit a waiver for CBSHD in my area. Alaso told them I would like TNTHD in near future :D

I live in Milpitas,CA & when I called DirecTV they tolf me I needed to pay an additional $2 or $2.50 (I can't remember) for the 4 additional CBS channels 80, 81, 280 & 281 but what the deal with channel 80 half of the time its off "no signal" in la-la land

Paulyme, i am in south jersey and receive all hd cbs with no issues. phila is an o&o station, this should not be an issue also i have an ota antenna which serves as an hd provider for me, i receive cbs, nbc, abc,pbs, also receive digital channels for upn and fox (fox will be hd by football season)

Thanks for the responses

stevesmall said:
Paulyme, i am in south jersey and receive all hd cbs with no issues. phila is an o&o station, this should not be an issue also i have an ota antenna which serves as an hd provider for me, i receive cbs, nbc, abc,pbs, also receive digital channels for upn and fox (fox will be hd by football season)

I spoke to the D TV rep and she told me that she needs to send a waiver for the CBS HD and that it can take up to 45 days for a response. Is there any way to speed this up? I do not yet have an ota, but I probably should get one to receive all those other channels in HD.
Thanks
Pauly

Status
Please reply by conversation.