3 receivers 1 satellite

badtazboy

Original poster
May 6, 2015
Us
Hello all, I'm looking at running 1 Vip612 and 2 Vip722k off I dish. I live in an apartment so running new lines are not an option. I have 1 receiver in living room and 1 receiver in each bedroom. 1 line directly to living room and 2nd line running to the master bedroom where I'd like to split the line there for the 2nd bedroom. I have attempted to split it but both my bedrooms keep jumping in and out. What type of splitter would people recommend for me to get up and running.

You simply can not split a sat line for another Dish receiver. Each receiver requires a separate line. What you are trying to do will not work. Sorry...the way it is.

Each port on the DPP satellite lnbs can handle up to 2 tuners each. So for 3 duo receivers, that is 6 tuners, so will require 3 lines from Dish. Also, what Kab said is correct. You cannot simply split the sat signal. In cases you can diplex the signal, but cannot split.

Each port on the DPP satellite lnbs can handle up to 2 tuners each. So for 3 duo receivers, that is 6 tuners, so will require 3 lines from Dish. Also, what Kab said is correct. You cannot simply split the sat signal. In cases you can diplex the signal, but cannot split.
Seeing Chad mentioned it Diplexing is combining a satellite signal and a OTA TV signal onto one line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)