3 Receivers on Bell ExpressVu

arkaine

Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Hello, I was hoping that you guys could please help.
I'll try to explain as much as I can because I'm not very technical with satellites (sorry).

I have Bell Expressvu with 1 stock LNB and 2 receivers hooked up to it. I am guessing 2 wires must come down from the dish as one wire goes downstairs to a receiver and one upstairs to our other receiver.
Now, I bought another ExpressVu receiver and the guy told me to buy a Multiswitch and then I will be able to hook all 3 up.

So, I bought a multiswitch that has 2 inputs at the top it says (LNB V 13/14 and LNB H 17/18) and its called an ROC SW24. Then at the bottom are 4 outputs RX1-4.
Here it is:

v.jpg

Now, I took the wire coming from outside for the "downstairs" receiver and plugged it into the LNB H 17/18 and then took the cable from one box downstairs and hooked it up to RX1 and the other box that is downstairs into RX2.

So, when I go to use the receivers, they all turn on and everything.. but only like a portion of the channels work.
I can get TSN (400), CTV (212), TLC (521).. but cant get 283 (FOX), 422 (LEAFS TV) etc.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong... could my wires be too long and I need to plug this into an outlet for power?

Or, did I hook it up wrong and should have both wires that come from the satellite hooked into 13/14 AND 17/18 and then use RX1-3 to hook up all receivers?

BTW.. while I did this, the receiver upstairs is still working perfectly with no problems at all.

Any help would be so much appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that switch will work with Expressvu, but I think you need to try what you already had suggested...put both cables from the sat dish into the top inputs, and use RX1-3 for your receivers.

Bell equipment has the same connection requirements as Dish.

Post configuration of "Check Switch" and we can tell you what you need.

If you have just one LNB up there for 91 (not two or the Twin which is twice as big) that switch will work fine.

Hook both lines from the LNB to the top part of the multiswitch (the 13 & 18v slots) and then hook the three receivers to the outputs

Thanks very much for the replies everyone!

This forum seem like a pretty nice community.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)