3 Star Inc.?

AJV

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Cadillac, Michigan
Anyone have any experience with 3 Star Inc. out of Richmond, Va.? I see they have an antenna like the Channel Master

4228HD but more adjustable. It even has the same number: 3 Star 4228 8-Bay Multi-Bow HDTV UHF Antenna

Needing to replace mind this summer and checking it out.

AL

The channel master antenna has a one piece reflector for both bays of cat whiskers, this enhances VHF - high band performance.

The S3 recommends varying the angles of the two bays to alter performance - it is my estimation that doing this may actually hurt performance, because they become two separate antennas pointed in different directions and thusly each bay would radiate 1/2 of the other bay's signal in the other direction.

That's a cool looking design for a uhf antenna.
You can do the same thing with 2 antenna,one above the other,or preferably on seperate masts.
Seems the "adjustable" beamwidth is a seller.No talk of signal loss.Just the regular--I can get a station 100 miles away and it's only 10 feet in the air,LOL
There is no substitute of height, clear line-of-site and size does matter...
I have no problem with seperate antennas on sepeare towers and then amplify and combine.Thats how the original cable tv worked
Look Ma,no rotor,LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts