3 TV's on 322

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ngasa

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Our dish is set up for two tv's with the 322 (one controlled by the IR remote and one by the UHF) Does anyone know if its possible to split the signal going to the 2nd tv and control the 3rd tv with another uhf remote. Assume tv 2 and 3 are not on at the same time.

And does Dish Network frown on this.

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to satelliteguys!

Yes you can use a standard cable spilter to send the TV2 output to a third TV. Of course tv2 and tv3 will have the same picture. And yes you can use as many uhf remotes as you want and control them together as well. So if you want to watch the same thing in 2 rooms with 2 remotes and fight over the channel in different rooms you can do that :)

thanks

thanks, i was hoping that was the case.
the third tv is used only really in the morning to catch the news/traffic/weather while getting ready for work so the issue of it being the same channel as tv 2 (in the basement playroom) isn't really an issue. i just wanted to check before i ran coax to the upstairs.

322's and 522's were designed specifically for your scenario. In fact I even think the manual for your 322 tells you how to hook TV2 into a 'home distribution system' (aka- ex-Cable Splitter). You can use the same remote between rooms or purchase an additional.

I have been using a multiplexer to put the output from my Dish receivers onto different channels, mixing that with my OTA antenna, mixing in a VCR output for good measure, and then sending that back out throughout the house. This lets me watch anything on any channel at any location in the house. I currently have 4 remotes, 2 for each of my 522s (which I recently acquired). I switched the 522s to single mode, and that works well since we currently only use 2 channels at once at most. If I ever had contention, I could switch back to having 4 channels of Dish pretty easily.

I can only add four inputs to the data stream now. I had been using a TriplePlay Modulator (3 inputs) for years, but it finally died and I replaced it with a ChannelPlus box that allows for 4 channels.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts