3 UHF Remotes for 942 + IR Remote?

codee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Hey guys -

I'm scheduled for install on 6-15-05. I'd like to order 2 extra UHF remotes for the 942 reciever, even though i'm going to have 2 811s also. I want to have the remote handy for watching the DVR over the home distribution system. FIrst off, I guess I just assumed that I can have 3 UHF remotes that would work if they are all programmed the same. Any reason why I couldn't?

Now, my main question. I don't see any remotes online that specify they are for the 942 reciever.

Sadoun Remote Page Shows several Dish Remotes,

-Dish Network Remote 6.0 IR/UHF Pro DISH NETWORK IR/UHF 2nd ROOM REMOTE CONTROL FOR 522 SERIES MULTI-ROOM RECEIVERS New Generation Remote 6.0 IR/UHF Pro, REQUIRES 4 "AAA" Batteries (not included). User's guide included. Model# 121045 (S/H $5)

and

-Dish Network Remote 6.0 IR/UHF Pro w/ #1 UHF Pro Key DISH NETWORK IR/UHF 2nd ROOM REMOTE CONTROL FOR 522 SERIES MULTI-ROOM RECEIVERS New Generation Remote 6.0 IR/UHF Pro w/#1 UHF Pro Key, REQUIRES 4 "AAA" Batteries (not included). User's guide included. Model # 128680 (S/H $5)

Those 2 seem to be very similar to what the 942 looks like but they dont specify that model for compatability. Would either one of those work for a extra 942 UHF remote?

Or this is another one from the dishstore.net -

This is an exact replacement Remote for the Dish Network Model 811 and 921.
Please note this remote will also work for Tv2 on the model 522 and 322.

Would that one work for the 942 even though not mentioned?

And Finally, I found one on Ebay -
NEW 911 922 942 UHF REMOTE for DISH NETWORK HDTV box
"New"

HIGH DEFINITION 911 922 OR 942 UHF Remote Control FOR DISH NETWORK RECEIVERS
RETAILS FOR 69.95

The Ebay one specifies it would work, but I wanted to check about the 2 from the online stores as I would rather buy from sites that support the forums with sponsoring/advertising and I would trust them more then anybody on Ebay.

Thanks guys!

rficken00 said:
You do know the that the 811 does not have a coaxial output. Making its use in a home distribution system difficult.

Yeah, I'm planning on connecting the 942s TV2 output to the home distribution system. I had just mentioned in another post a few days ago that I was getting 2 811s also so I didn't want anybody who may have read that post to be confused with this one as to why I want 3 UHF remtoes for the 942 :)

rficken00 said:
You do know the that the 811 does not have a coaxial output. Making its use in a home distribution system difficult.
Just go to Circuit City and buy a Terk Multiple signal combiner and it converts four separate Composite inputs to Coaxial, Cost $30-$40. of coarse you will need to then purchase a signal splitter for multiple outputs which cost about $60. I feed 5 sets until I purchased the 942.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts