30 day satisfaction guarantee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swzine

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 28, 2010
GA
Is there a 30 day satisfaction guarantee? I read this at a few places, but the posts were a few years old. Never saw anything for sure and never saw aything in my contract. I notced the install guy was very clear that I need to keep my boxes for 30 days, so I assume there is something. If so, where are the terms of this guarantee?

I couldn't find much either, but I found something on 24 hours to cancel. I know Dish has something like that too. Sucks you only get a day or so if true.

Is there a 30 day satisfaction guarantee? I read this at a few places, but the posts were a few years old. Never saw anything for sure and never saw aything in my contract. I notced the install guy was very clear that I need to keep my boxes for 30 days, so I assume there is something. If so, where are the terms of this guarantee?

Unfortunately, no. The contract begins @ time of installation with little chance to back out. Under some circumstances they do let you cancel within 24 hours of activation, but that isn't an absolutely universal rule, either.

Sounds like we get all kinds of different answers! The CSR I called spent time looking it up and told me I have 15 days from order, even after install, but she couldn't point me to where I could look that up. And she clarrified that the 15 days was from order date, so if I installed after the 15th I wouldn't have any cancellation capability. She also said it would be free to cancel after installation as long as it is within 15 days. Its a pain that this is so inconsistent and there is nothing in writing!

I see someone else had the same problem. They tell you 14 days over the phone, then it is 1 day when you try to actually cancel.

DirecTV cancellation confusion

"IF you call to set up service with DirecTV, they actually tell you that you will have 2 weeks (after installation) in which to cancel. They repeated this information to us on at least 3 occasions. Then, if you try to cancel within two weeks, they give you this line about 24 hours.
Seriously, this is well documented all over the internet. RipOffReport is full of this complaint, yet no one apparently can do anything about this. We have contacted the attorney general's office, and DirecTV conveniently never has the tape of the original conversations, and just claims we were either "misinformed" or didn't pay attention.
They also like to claim that people signed a contract with these terms, which, at least in our case, was also false. There was no signed contract.
We had an oral agreement that we could cancel within 2 weeks, which we abided by. DirecTV, however, did not. "

Read more: DirecTV cancellation confusion

Found this on another site. They are a reseller.

From this it sounds like if you cancel after install, even the same day, you will not get a refund on the equipment you purchased. This could just be that reseller's policy.

DIRECTV Return Policy

DIRECTV Return Policy

Once your equipment has been installed and activated, you are obligated to a service agreement. If you should decide that you want to break that agreement, you must contact DIRECTV customer service. You will be subject to a penalty and/or asked to return all of your equipment to DIRECTV. If you return your equipment to DIRECTV to avoid the penalty for breaking the agreement, you are not eligible for a refund on the original purchase price of the equipment nor the handling and delivery fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)