DirecTV goes back to the 2 year price guarantee

I believe I pay around $13.50 for the rights to have RSN's that I don't use.

Can't seem to get to the Billing section on the website to check the Broadcast Fees
I do not believe DirecTV has broadcast fees.

Other ones that do not are YTTV and Hulu Live, everyone else does to my recollection.

Reactions: Jimbo
Xfinity is also offering 2-year pricing on any of their services. HOWEVER, whats NOT INCLUDED is below-the-line fees. For example, the Broadcast fee, RSN Fee, Set-top box fee, all are subject to yearly increases.

I'm lucky that I am in a market where DirecTV does not charge an RSN fee. Plus they do not charge aobscene "Broadcast TV fee".
I've been tempted to jump on their $25 200meg internet plan. Price is guaranteed for 2 years and comes with a free wi-fi modem and no contract. For a lark, I looked at getting a tv plan. The tier I looked at was only $50, but Broadcast and RSN fees add another $30+! Then another $10 for a box (although, you can stream on a Roku) and $10 for more cloud dvr storage. Ouch!

hopefully they make the 2 year price lock available to there loyal subs :confused:
They should Start with offering thier long time subs (I'm gonna be generous and say anyone with more than 5 years with them) ... a 20% discount with a Price lock.

Keeping at the current price does Nothing for the Sub, they have already been paying way too much.

They should Start with offering thier long time subs (I'm gonna be generous and say anyone with more than 5 years with them) ... a 20% discount with a Price lock.

Keeping at the current price does Nothing for the Sub, they have already been paying way too much.
Screenshot 2023-04-21 152512.png
plus the 10.00 for not using auto pay so 215.00 we pay 223.00 after the 52.01 discount. that's like what a 7.00 savings. plus if we made a new acct up we would loose some of the older packages that only grandfathered subs can get like the extra all included. they need to do something for current subs if they want to keep em!!! and you can get the two year price lock you just have to signup again i didn't even bothering canceling the acct we have now and it let me through no issues, but at these rates i'll stay where i'm at!!!

View attachment 161755plus the 10.00 for not using auto pay so 215.00 we pay 223.00 after the 52.01 discount. that's like what a 7.00 savings. plus if we made a new acct up we would loose some of the older packages that only grandfathered subs can get like the extra all included. they need to do something for current subs if they want to keep em!!! and you can get the two year price lock you just have to signup again i didn't even bothering canceling the acct we have now and it let me through no issues, but at these rates i'll stay where i'm at!!!
You just wrote this 3 weeks ago-

i think it's ridiculous that streaming is catching up to sat service with streaming having less channels. we pay 84.99 for the extra package. makes no sense to me to go over to streaming
So which is it?

• Wow
Reactions: meStevo
View attachment 161755plus the 10.00 for not using auto pay so 215.00 we pay 223.00 after the 52.01 discount. that's like what a 7.00 savings. plus if we made a new acct up we would loose some of the older packages that only grandfathered subs can get like the extra all included. they need to do something for current subs if they want to keep em!!! and you can get the two year price lock you just have to signup again i didn't even bothering canceling the acct we have now and it let me through no issues, but at these rates i'll stay where i'm at!!!
I was saying if they want to keep people go with 20% off ... for you, thats $41 off your bill, would you be happier then ...
$10 is NOTHING.

that's fair since we do pay to much as it is for old re runs and commericals:mad:
Doesn't matter what you watch, it cost too much ...
I watch Re Runs from time to time, but I choose to when I do.

Normally I watch what ever I want, I do watch New Stuff as well as some police procedures, those are Current, not Reruns.
I watch the Current Sports, Football or Baseball, I don't watch Reruns of those.

You watch what you Choose to watch ....

All those that are saying D* is all reruns, haven't looked to see whats on thier other service, all services have reruns available to them, if you choose to watch them.

I Never watch "Reality" shows ... Nothing Real about them.

Reactions: John2021
ok they lower the price. then they add in extra fee's. i did ask a rep if it protected from the yearly price hikes she said nope. what a crock