301s on EBay

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
I'm looking at Dish's 301s on Ebay. If I ever get the 811 I'll need to change out my legacy LNBs to PROs and my current 3000 and 4000 are incompatible with the future Super Dish. I might as well start the move to Dish Pro equipment.

There are a ton of 301s on EBay. How do I ensure I'm not getting a hacked or otherwise offensive receiver?

Some 301s are going for 20-30 bucks and others are getting almost 200. Is there a hack trade alive and well on EBay? How do I ensure I'm not supporting any Hackers? What's a JTag hole and why is this desirable?

Make sure you read the user's feedback and see the percentage. If it is a good percentage then you should not get ripped. Also read the descprition of the item carefully.

Dish Network is going to provide the legacy adapters that you need for all your receivers free of charge so I would not worry about it.

But they don't offer an adapter for the 3000 or 4000 to work with Super Dish. My locals should be offered in a few months and I'm sure they will go to superdish.

My 3000 and 4000 will then be obsolete. I'll be getting an 811, which won't work with legacy LNBs. So the only solution for me is to upgrade receivers to dish pro.

Am I wrong in any of my thinking here?

gpflepsen said:
Some 301s are going for 20-30 bucks and others are getting almost 200. Is there a hack trade alive and well on EBay? How do I ensure I'm not supporting any Hackers? What's a JTag hole and why is this desirable?

If you are worried about a used receiver, ask the seller for the Smart Card # & Receiver #. Call Dish and give those numbers to them and they will tell you if the receiver is "clean".

As for the JTag hole...one word.. H A C K E R S....

'As for the JTag hole...one word.. H A C K E R S....'

Actually it's manufactured by Dish, so the hole itself nothing to do with HACKERS.

Other thing, if someone insist for the type of a case ...

I have old style DP301e with the hole - is it mean I'm the hacker ? Nonsense !

The 811 will work with legacy lnbf's and legacy switches or DishPro lnbf's and DishPro switches. The legacy receivers will only work with legacy lnbf's and switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts