311 and Purple Card

dlyle

Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Arkansas
Just trying to set up a tailgate rig and bought a used 311 off of fleabay. Didn't come with a card. So do I have the buy the $50 card from Dish or can I get a used one elsewhere (fleabay)? I think I just learned an expensive lesson. . .

Depends. Sometimes they want the $50 + $15 S&H and sometimes they will send it to you for free. Most of the time they want the money for the card though. Best way to get around it is to get the warranty but it costs you $30 if you do not keep it for 150 days which costs $30 over that amount of time. It is going to cost you one way or another.

The 311 dosen't have a card! It has an onboard chip instead of a card. Older 311 had the old card and need to have a purple card inserted to update the security system. Check th S# on the receiver if it is S00 you need a card. After you add the 311 to your account DISH should send the card for a shipping charge or free.

Sometimes they will tell you that you need to purchase a card before they will activate it while other times right in the process of doing so they will then tell you that you need to purchase a card. You might want to play CSR Roulette if they try to charge you for the card. I have noticed that some receivers that start in S19 with embedded card which is what all purple card numbers start with will still need a new purple smart card.

you can call Dish and verify there is no balance on it. If there is none, then you can activate with no issues

Chatted with Dish tech tonight and they activated the receiver, I got the guide, but no picture. Every channel was the same. Got an error message that I had to have a smart card. Guess that nails it. Purple card here I come.

Some receivers with built in S19 card will still require a new purple card. If you have a smart card in the receiver starting in S19 then I think those will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts