311k Receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Miner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My parent's system until this last weekend was a pair of 301s. Over the weekend the friendly dish folks came out and installed new equipment, and from the dish.com account page, it shows they have a 311k and a 311. I imagine that was a typo by someone activating the equipment, but wonder if there is a new receiver of that designation.

Miner

It must be a 211K, and yes, apparently a typo. 211K is an HD receiver for one TV.

I was thinking that. Their primary TV is a 32" LCD, but they were still using just the SD channels and a 500 dish. Wondering if they updated the dish as well.
The account says they are purchased, hopefully I don't see a huge bill.
Miner

--- indeed, the DP311k is a remanufactured 322 receiver, included is the document with info about it ---

Attachments

• DP311k.pdf
    145.8 KB · Views: 363
Since they have an HDTV I would recommend a 222K over the 322.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I've been thinking about a 222 for a bit. They don't care about HD, and this upgrade was a free upgrade for their 301s. It would have made sense to me to go with a 322 but for Dish I can see them wanting the extra $7 monthly fee.

Miner

I've been thinking about a 222 for a bit. They don't care about HD, and this upgrade was a free upgrade for their 301s. It would have made sense to me to go with a 322 but for Dish I can see them wanting the extra $7 monthly fee.

Miner

Alot of people say they don't care about HD,then if you show it to them, the deep colors,the clarity and definition of the picture, they don't want to watch anything else.;):D

You need to ask them this question, if you could see a picture on your TV that is like looking out your windows would you want it?.OH Yeah!:D

Alot of people say they don't care about HD,then if you show it to them, the deep colors,the clarity and definition of the picture, they don't want to watch anything else.;):D

You need to ask them this question, if you could see a picture on your TV that is like looking out your windows would you want it?.OH Yeah!:D

You haven't met my parents:D

Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)