322 and 1000.2 Question

jammer1

Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Kansas City
I have a 322 and a 1000.2 dish. When I run a switch test it shows 129, 119 and 110, but 110 shows 'Conn'... Is this normal? Thought there were some SD stuff still on 110.... ????

That sounds like you are pointed at 129 instead of 119. The 119 LNBF is pointed at 129. The 110 LNBF is pointed at 119. And the 129 LNBF is pointed out in space.

The proper order of the switch test is 119 | 110 | 129

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks everyone! Should have figured that out on my own, but.... I guess not [Face-palm]... :) When I get a moment I'll head out there and move it a little more south and up... thanks again for the advice!

Sorry, had one more question... In the 1000.2 manual it says that 119 is on port 1. That is where the cable is hooked up to. So I guess that 'dedicated' port is not specifically for 119 when aligning the dish?

There is a switch in the head of the dish that can connect any LNBF to any of the Ports. Ideally, connecting to Port 1 should default to the 119 LNBF. A safer way is to set the receiver to Satellite 119 and a Transponder 11 or above to force the connection of the cable to the 119 LNBF.

Reactions: TheKrell
Interesting - That's what I was doing --- Had the receiver and a TV out under the dish mount location. Had the receiver in alignment mode [Menu-6-1-1] and it set for 119 transponder 15. I remember it saying wrong satellite when I first found the signal, but then I changed the satellite to 129 and all was OK (locked to 129 west)... Which makes sense... But then I changed it back to 119 and it said locked on 119 west... Hmmmmmm.... Not sure if I or the receiver got confused on how the switch is configured... ;)

I have access to a First Strike meter, so I'll bring it next time I come back and use that to align... Not sure why I have issues aligning with the receiver itself. It not the first time though... :/

It is real easy to have the multi-switch in the dish head connecting to the wrong LNBF to the cable if there isn't something forcing things.

First Strike is great. You set it up to use the 22 KHz tone which force selects the cable to the 119 LNBF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)