322 Being Held Hostage

Jordan's posts makes a lot of sense. And maybe it's not the seller's account either, but the account of the person the last seller got it from, or before that.

But it also sounds like it may have all been getting complicated because no one wanted to "give out personal and/or privacy information."

The buyer did not want to say it was John Doe.
The CSR did not want to tell the buyer that John Doe had been turned over to "Dog the Bounty Hunter" for not paying the complete bill, or even that that receiver was part of a current or ongoing investigation.

Whoever sold you the receiver is responsible for whether the receiver can be activated or not. It is up to that seller to take care of the problem and go back on the person he got it from if he did not have it on his account.

I know that 322 unit was new in a sealed box so I can't figure out how a balance was on a receiver that was never activated? The seller confirmed and is confused as well but will send out another 322. This time when they ask where I bought it I will say my local retailer which is true as this guy is ony 40 miles from my house. Dish must have some problem with having to compeate with ebay on the open market. Will follow up with the out come.

cebps1 said:
Ok, I could use some comments on this subject because I am not sure what to do.

Purchased a 322 receiver from ebay after Dish could not provide me with a 322 unit for free but could some how provide me with (2) 311’s which I am sure was in effort to collect the additional receiver charge. I waited until after Aug 3 to purchase because I was told there would be a special lease offer available Aug 3. Reviewed Aug 3, 322 lease offer for 69 dollars and 18 month contract and turned it down in favor of purchasing a 322. Received unit Tuesday and installed unit. Dish Tech support helped me do the install Tuesday and said “the software needs upgrading and this will take 20-30 minutes” so I figured I would check it Wed night. Well Wed night I checked it and the error I got says “receiver not authorized yet” I call to trouble shoot and get someone who says I will need service out to my house as she could not fix the problem. I call back to get someone in the states this time (free advise: if you want to speak to someone with good English select the option for add receiver) she informs me that I have an illegal receiver and that all 322 receivers / dual receivers are for leasing only. She then asks me where I bought it and how much I paid for the unit. I refused to answer the how much (very personal) and me for the guys name who sold it to me.

She then refuse’s to authorize the receiver because again “all 322 receivers are designated for lease only”. I asked her why they did not inform me of this information when one I called up to give them the CAID number prior to purchasing the unit to avoid any problem. I also asked her why I was not informed of this with the first two calls? she refused to answer either question.

From what I can tell I would have to assume Dish rolled out this new lease program and since then designated all dual receivers as lease only. The receiver I have was originally purchased in 9/05 so I know it was before 8/3/06.

At this point I realize Dish is very up set at receivers being sold over ebay but when the customer calls up and gets prior approval I cant see why they are holding me hostage. I assume I could negotiate with them for the safe release of the 322 receiver if I give up my source (ha ha).

Any serious advice would be very helpful.

HAd a customer that hated her 625...she called Dish to get it replaced with non DVR receiver or receivers.The order was for two 301/311 remans..
I went wioth the thought of doing some rewiring but when I describd the scope of the work she refused to allow that..I then suggested a 322...At the time I did not know 322 were inelgible for this particular customer..
I had the the call sent to Executive Resolutions and finally got the 322 activated...
The Executive Resolutions Dept is the place to get things done..They can override just about anything..

Here's the facts: Dish will allow activation of rogue lease equipment to non DHA/DHP customers. Too many people like you have bought equipment off eba and the like. As long as that receiver does NOT have an outstanding balance on it from the previous owner, you can be activated. Just call back and get a differant operator. The only drag is that you must wait on hold for the dreaded "322 support team".
Good luck.
Tom

That's a promotion in which you buy your equipment up-front, then setup a new account, and get monthly credits against your bill effectively making the equipment free.

When I activated my ebay purchased 811 dish told me it had a balance ($50 I think) and then they activated the receiver. I was worried I would get charged the balance but I never was.

I think at some point they just write it off or weigh the outcomes lol *points at post above* your monthly bill's probably way more than $50 :)

I'm sure you'll be able to get it settled!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts