322 install with only 61.5 sat

meralora100

Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I have 61.5 sat with one cable run to the house (no switches) using old 2700 receiver. I only use dish for international programming. Now I want to upgrade to 322, so I can watch programming on two TVs.

1. Do I need to upgrade to twin LNBF to support dual tuner receiver and run another cable from 61.5 sat or can I still run single LNBF and one cable setup and split signal when it hits receiver?

2. What should I use to split the signal if I can use my existing setup?

I have 61.5 sat with one cable run to the house (no switches) using old 2700 receiver. I only use dish for international programming. Now I want to upgrade to 322, so I can watch programming on two TVs.

1. Do I need to upgrade to twin LNBF to support dual tuner receiver and run another cable from 61.5 sat or can I still run single LNBF and one cable setup and split signal when it hits receiver?

2. What should I use to split the signal if I can use my existing setup?

If you have a Dish500 pointed at the 61.5 you could install a DishProPlus Twin and use just the single wire that you have now, with the use of a DP Plus seperator. If you have an older Dish300 with just a Single or Dual LNB then you will need a second cable from the dish to the receiver.

I doubt you have a TWIN on the dish now. That was not the standard LNB used. You most likely have a Single Eye LNB with dual outputs. Either on a Dish500 or a Dish300.

with only a single satellite location needed, you could use a DP single or DP dual with the existing cable, and a DP compliant splitter (not a separator) to the two satellite inputs on the receiver. DP compliant meaning it passes voltage on only one side and goes up to 2150MHz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)