211 Capabilities

SoloP

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
I've got a tech coming out later this week to swap my 311 for a 211 and do a few other changes, and I have a couple of questions about the 211:

1) Is the ethernet port on the 211 enabled? I've got my 622 hooked up to my network so it doesn't need a phone line, and I'd like to do the same with the 211.

2) Ditto the usb port on the 211 -- does it do anything? I know I can't copy my recordings from the 622 to an external drive and then play them on the 211 (though that would be cool if I could!), but is there anything I *can* do with the usb on the 211?

Thanks in advance for any guidance y'all can provide.

retorq: Great idea! I might as well get *some* use out of it, and that would let me move the charger cable back into my den. *laughter*

Gentleman: Thanks for the info. Too bad it's not better news.

1) Coming next year. The good news is that single-output receivers are not subject to the no-phone penalty.

Good point about the lack of penalty -- my current 311 isn't connected to the phone line. I just figured that hooking up the new one would make life simpler. Guess I'll go with the phone line for now, and then move it to the network when I can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)