211 Capabilities

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SoloP

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
I've got a tech coming out later this week to swap my 311 for a 211 and do a few other changes, and I have a couple of questions about the 211:

1) Is the ethernet port on the 211 enabled? I've got my 622 hooked up to my network so it doesn't need a phone line, and I'd like to do the same with the 211.

2) Ditto the usb port on the 211 -- does it do anything? I know I can't copy my recordings from the 622 to an external drive and then play them on the 211 (though that would be cool if I could!), but is there anything I *can* do with the usb on the 211?

Thanks in advance for any guidance y'all can provide.

retorq: Great idea! I might as well get *some* use out of it, and that would let me move the charger cable back into my den. *laughter*

Gentleman: Thanks for the info. Too bad it's not better news.

1) Coming next year. The good news is that single-output receivers are not subject to the no-phone penalty.

Good point about the lack of penalty -- my current 311 isn't connected to the phone line. I just figured that hooking up the new one would make life simpler. Guess I'll go with the phone line for now, and then move it to the network when I can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)