322 Installed Today: Questions about ReplayTv control problems.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

koojoe

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
322 Installed Today: ReplayTv- TV2 Conflict -Fixed- Read If Need 'Possible' Solution

Hey guys,

Just got the 322 reciever installed and I'm having some control problems with the replaytv. It switches channels fine when tv2 is off but when tv2 is on it does not control the channels correct at all. It always goes to the wrong channel. ONLY when tv2 is on.

tv2 is UHF so this doesn't make much sense to me.

thanks for any help

Thanks for the help.

Here are my previous settings:
Enable Fine Tuning: Yes
Codeset: 0775
Send Enter: No
Minimum digits to send: 1
Inter-action delay: 0300ms
Response delay: 0300ms
Pre-command delay: 0200ms
Inter-command delay: 0300ms

My new settings that do work when both reciever outs are on:
Enable Fine Tuning: Yes
Codeset: 0775
Send Enter: No
Minimum digits to send: 3
Inter-action delay: 0400ms
Response delay: 0200ms
Pre-command delay: 0400ms
Inter-command delay: 0401ms

I don't know exactly what fixed the problem but I know that these settings do work. I'm using a replaytv 5040 unit with a dish network 322 reciever.

Layout:
322 TV1 Out - ReplayTv - Switch - TV Input/Stereo Audio

322 TV2 Out - Switch - TV1
- Coax Split - VCR/TV2/TV3

Switch also has DVD player and VCR hooked into it. Everything on the switch is composite - red/white/yellow rca cables.

This way I can watch 322 TV2 output in either bedroom or the living room if I use the composite switch. I also can watch 322 TV1 output in the living room and control the 322 TV1 Reciever with my IR blaster on the 5040. 322 TV1 output also goes to the switch that goes to tv1 in the living room.

I hooked up everything in the living room and the dish installer just ran the cables and hooked the satellites. He told me it was too complex of a wiring diagram and if I wanted it done I would have to do it because he would be lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)