322 Problems

vanco1

Original poster
May 29, 2005
New system installed May 22 with 811, 322, and 311.

Dish Pro 500 System, DP44 Switch, DishPro separator. One line fed to 322.

The 322 was giving installer trouble at time of install. Dish tech out yesterday for 4 hrs because 322 still acting up. He replaced the 322, diplexer(s), checked cables at switch, relocated 322 connection at switch from port 4 to port 2.
Results: Still having the same issues
Symptoms: signal losses; Can receive all channels except two locals on 61.5; Inconsistent results with switch test.

811 and 311 do not have these issues. Hoping for a solution I can resolve without calling Dish again.

what satellite configuration do you have?
I'm assuming all Dish Pro, but what Switch is it? DP34 or DP44?
and is the installer using a DishProPlus Seperator behind the 322?

If you are using a seperator, you might try this. When I originally hooked it up I had output #1 on seperator going to input #1 on the 322, and output #2 to input #2...got all sorts of wierd check switch things going on trying to get all three sats (61.5/110/119). Just for kicks I swapped the connections...Output#1 to input #2 and so on. Ran check switch again and was golden on first try...been working ever since.

I have edited the original message above to include some of the info you guys requested. I have looked at alot of threads about the 322 to try to find the answer on my own. It gets a little overwhelming at all the stuff written. It sounds like some people will try anything and everything to try to get the darn thing to act right.

Dish Pro 500 System, DP44 Switch, DishPro separator. One line fed to 322.

Because Vancio has four tuners, he most likely is not using a DP-plus and seperator for the 322.
He's probably got a quad and two lines direct to the 322.

fred

Fredinva said:
Because Vancio has four tuners, he most likely is not using a DP-plus and seperator for the 322.
He's probably got a quad and two lines direct to the 322.

fred

Not sure I follow your logic...I have the exact same 4 tuners he does (811/322/311)...when they added the second dish for 61.5, they swapped the quad for a twin, ran to a dpp44, then was able to use seperator and a single line to the bedroom 322.

I don't understand why you would bother running two lines if the install included a dpp44?

DWS44 said:
Not sure I follow your logic...I have the exact same 4 tuners he does (811/322/311)...when they added the second dish for 61.5, they swapped the quad for a twin, ran to a dpp44, then was able to use seperator and a single line to the bedroom 322.

I don't understand why you would bother running two lines if the install included a dpp44?

I whole heartedly agree. Not to mention Vanco1 stated the 322 was swapped from Port 4 to Port 2. That leads me to believe he's probably using a DPP44. One lead...one receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)