322 Receiver and Tivo

twodose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
When you have TIVO set up with Dish Network do you have to keep the receiver on for Tivo to catch the recording's you have set up? Tivo dosen't seem to get a signal when the receiver is off. That being the case the 322 is set to shut the receiver off after 4 hours. So if you had future recordings I would think that the receiver would have to stay on all the time.
Any info. would be helpful.

Yes, you need to set some work arounds to keep the 322 on for the Tivo to work with it. Given that there are a couple of approaches you can take.

You can create some random timers to keep the 322 awake

or you can go into the menu and turn off guide updates that happen at 3AM. This will keep the receiver on all the time and will not put it in standby, but it will also not update the guide, so when the guide runs out you'll have to update it manually

I have a Tivo and a 322. I set up a timer 1 hour after the scheduled update time on the 322. Aside from the fact that I cannot record anything on the Tivo during that one hour period. I almost never have any problem recording.

Every once in a while (maybe a couple of times in the past year). Something happens to screw up a recording. One of the 2 that come to mind happened when the 322 froze up for a weekend when I wasn't home. The other time was when the 322 didn't wake up.

I have found this set up to be fairly reliable. I haven't tried killing the 322 updates so I don't know if this is as reliable.

Good luck!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts