322 UHF remote issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stinkyweasel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
This has probably been asked and answered a dozen times, but apparently I don't know what exactly to search for...

I have a 322 receiver, with 2 remotes. Well at random times during the day my receiver automatically changes channels, it turns sorda amusing to watch me enter something on the remote (140) and then (202) or something just pops up as someone else was entering numbers. I know that these remotes have a good distance, but my nearest neighbor with dish is probably 500ft away, two houses. Could those things reach that far? If so what can I do about it?

Thanks

It's possible.

I haven't read the book since around 1997, but I thought they use to advertise the UHF remote for my 2000 to be about 800 feet when not going through walls, but in any case, a couple of hundred feet was not an issue. Likewise, I believe the new UHF PRO remotes have an effective range up to 200 feet.

I am not familar with the 2 remotes that come with the 322, so I can only give you a generic answer.

(1) Change the address for the UHF-PRO remote.
----The IR remote for TV1 should be okay, unless someone is pointing it thru your window.
(2) Change the UHF-PRO channel from A to B, if available on this remote.
----For the 6.3 remote, this is inside the battery compartment.

However, if this only happens when you are entering a channel number, then it may be operator error (your fault). If you take too much time entering numbers, it may jump to a different channel than the one you wanted, and which channel may depend on what channel list you are using and what's available.

Hope this helps, and maybe someone else has more specific info.

EDIT: However, I just realized that you had another post - about adding cable TV with your sat system. I did not read the whole thing, but there may be a possibility that your wiring setup is acting like an antenna, causing your receiver to pick up UHF PRO remote signals from a greater distance. Just a thought.

Last edited:
No, on the second remote, UHF, I can be watching that television and it *magically* changes channels, the other TV is still on whatever they are watching it's just the second tuner/remote. My receiver does have the small antenna on the back for the UHF remote but other than that I don't know. The receiver is on the main floor of the house, in a media cabinet, the second remote/tv is on the second floor. The structure is brick if that matters and there is a window about 5 feet from the media cabinet on the main floor from the receiver, but the window faces the opposite direction of the nearest house with dish.

Is it possible that there is other interferance? But would what cause precise numbers to show up when the receiver changes, not just made up channel numbers, but actual channel numbers....

There could be other interference, but I would bet that it's another Dish UHF PRO remote from a neighbor.

I would go ahead and change the address for TV2.

EDIT: To change the address on the remote, it starts on the bottom of Page 32, "Optimize Your Remote Controls". If you don't have the manual handy, you can look at it online at http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/322/DISH322_User_Guide.pdf. It is about 11 MB in size.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)