33"Windguard and G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

black Bear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I was hoping one of you pros could give me some tips before i get started with aiming a winguard dish at 123W . I have only used dishes with skew adjustments on the dish but never have skewed an lnb like what is on the windguard .. My question would be , would i hit the 123 sat then skew the lnb to peak quality ?:( Or do i skew lnb to locate the sat ? Does the lnb have readings on it like a dish with skew adjusters ? :confused:
I have done a lot of searching for answers to my question before i made this post ... :eek: I could not even find a how to aim a windguard dish .. Thx for any input ..:)

I was hoping one of you pros could give me some tips before i get started with aiming a winguard dish at 123W . I have only used dishes with skew adjustments on the dish but never have skewed an lnb like what is on the windguard .. My question would be , would i hit the 123 sat then skew the lnb to peak quality ?:( Or do i skew lnb to locate the sat ? Does the lnb have readings on it like a dish with skew adjusters ? :confused:
I have done a lot of searching for answers to my question before i made this post ... :eek: I could not even find a how to aim a windguard dish .. Thx for any input ..:)

I'm certainly not the most experienced dude on the forum, but in my experience I've kept the LNB skew at 0 - locked a solid signal, then skewed for max Q.

If you are using any kind of a meter 123 hits well for S, then fine tune for Q.

I'm no pro but for a first time aim I set everything (LNB skew, elevation, azimuth) to about where I think it should be. Or at least where dishpointer.com says it should be.

Then, with my analog meter hooked up, I work the dish east and west until I hear a squeal. I switch to watching my FTA receiver "Quality meter" on a known working transponder.
11800 V 26657 would work fine here.
Once I have the east/west peaked, I lock the dish down on the pole, and proceed to working on elevation. After I'm happy with signal on 11805 H 4580 I lock the elevation down. I proceed to mess with the LNB skew for peak quality, first watching 11805 H 4580 then 11800 V 26657

The LNBF's I've had have some kind of molded marking of where 0 degrees is at, at the very least.

Thankyou for all your ideas everyone .. I knew i came to the right place for helpfull folks .. :):up:wave
Hey Pedro , i really like that GeoSatFinder , its one of the best I've seen thus far , thx a lot ..

Last edited:
Have another question .. Is the lnb supposed to be tightened closest to the dish or pulled back all way away when tightened ?
Also when skewing , does it need to be turned clockwise standing behind dish ? I dont see any markings to know where a zero reading should be but the numbers are there .. I just want to be sure as where i will be mounting dish it is 20 Mi . away with no internet , thx ..:)

You can tweak how far or how close the lnb is in the holder, once you lock a signal, to see which is best. Skew depends on your location and the sat. West of your longitude setting, you'll go clockwise (standing behind the dish). For satellites east of your longitude, its the opposite. Your true south sat will be at the zero marking on the lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)