36" Dish for C band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tron, When you get your 1.2M up, let me know your results. I am thinking of getting the 1.2 meter in the Spring for my C-Band adventure.

The weather is getting cool, which is good, so I should be able to get something going when the leaves fall. My interest in a MiniBUD lies in the fact that it can be motorized with a USALS controllable H-H DiSEqC motor, instead of an actuator and GBox or VBox. As Kodaz said, this won't work well for DVB-S2. Even my 6 foot panel PortaBUD has problems with S2 transponders.

one noteworthy thing-
I got a chuckle out of the mini when my dishnet service went out in a rain storm and the mini's 70q tps kept pounding away with service !!!
I doubt my low q tps would keep going, but it was amusing.

Well, I been thinking. I am going out on a limb and I am gonig to try using my 36" (90cm) dish that's on my motor for a C-Band setup. Don't know if this is going to work, but I'm gonig to try. I'll do this before going up in size for a new C-Band dish. Today, I ordered a (WSI) C-Band ESX242 Dual Output LNBF and a Conical Scaler Ring & LNB Bracket C-Ku Band Kit. The worst that can happen is put the other lnbf back on. (Right). My motor is set to the arc really good right now. Is there anything (basic) I need to know before I put the new LNBF on? I 'll post my results here after I recieve my parts and have tried to get my FIRST C-Band Transponder. I have never tried for a C-Band anything!

You will probably have to adjust dish elevation for the C-Band LNBF, which sits slightly higher. Just mark your dish before you change anything so you can return it to its proper position after you finish with the C-Band experiment.

Not to be discouraging, but don't expect to receive anything other than maybe a couple of very strong TPs with a 90CM dish.

Thanks Tron, If I don't get anything, I'll still have my new C-Band LNBF till I get my other larger dish. Thanks again for the information!

I hope you do get something c-band.
it catches you, it hooks you, it addicts you,
It seduces you. Then you gotta have more :)

I wonder what happens when i try this....

Today I recieved the Conical Scaler Ring & LNB Bracket C-Ku Band Kit . I hope the LNBF will be here Saturday or early next week. Here in northern Indiana its starting to get colder. I should of thought about doing this two months ago:( when it was nice.

Today I received my new C-Band LNBF. It didn’t take to much time to assemble the LNBF to the dish. I did take outside my TV and tried to tune in my south satellite which is 87 West. I was able to get 3974 H 3023 (Roberts Com. Network) with S75/Q55. That is viewable with my Nano receiver. I could not get any better signal doing all adjustments to dish and LNBF and scalar. That was the only good transponder I could pull out. I checked some other satellites and didn’t do very good at all. I did hit several scrambled stations on 91 West. I could only get one pixelated transponder at 3953 H 3074. That signal was S70/Q35-40. Well, I’m not putting all blame on the weather, but the winds were 15-20 mph and cloudy day. I will try tomorrow and see what happens. If I don’t make better progress, then I will put my Ku LNBF back on. But before tomorrow comes, can anyone point me to the strongest C-Band transponder on few satellites. I know I didn’t have a very good chance going into this setup. But as we all know, it was a fun challenge and the hope to see the box light up. Hey, now I get to fine tune my Ku LNBF for the winter.Well, that’s it for the night.

Today is the finish up of trying the 36” dish for C-Band. I did better today than yesterday. I thought I would change out the scalar with the more flat one that came with the LNBF. To my surprise, the S80/Q80. That doubled from what I was getting with the blue one included in the Ku kit. Just thought I would add that. All the transponders that had about 30-40 Q went up to about 80Q. I was happy with that. Over all, it’s a no go with 36” dish. Everybody was right but I had fun trying. I will try with larger dish this summer.

can anyone point me to the strongest C-Band transponder on few satellites.

i didnt try for very long but the strongest ones for me with my 39 inch dish were......

99w 3995 26402 H3/4
91w 3920 26002 H3/4

i also found i got better results with the flat ring as opposed to the conical ring

Keystone will say WOW when he gets a big c-band setup going. I think I was very fortunate to come along just as c-band home systems got popular and fairly affordable. And that I lived in the country where I could put up 20 of them if I wanted ! One of the best things for me, about c-band, is that you can have a monster thunderstorm with tree branches falling, lightning and thunder and still get an awesome picture. Provided the power doesn't go off , haha.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts