36" dish for International programing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SHAWN757

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
I ordered this 2 weeks ago to get some south Asian channels and most importantly the CRICKET TICKET. but WHEN THE INSTALLERS CAME they could not install it anywhere as it is very heavy and big. They wanted it mounted on the wall but because it will void the warranty of the house I had to say no. Is there anyway you can get the 95 sat. signal with a smaller dish? Any suggestions?

That was one of my gripes about the bigger dish too. I wonder if ths is the future of satellite tv, in that we will have to get bigger and bigger sattellite dishes in order to get all of the channels. Is it a return to the early 80's? Or can you put up an additional smaller dish in connection with the regular dish for the same effect? I woulnd't mind adding another 18 dish to my roof to get the other channels.

Depending where you are in the country a 30" dish is the minimum that you can expect to get away with, and expect cut outs in bad weather. I think using the FSS(KU) satellites is a stop gap method and as soon as newer more modern satellites are launched the size and number of dish needed will diminish.

Some 30" dish perform better that 36" dish its all about quality of manufacture, I like the Winegard DS2076 offset dish, very well made (In USA) and out performs many slightly larger dish.

Here in Hawaii, all of our dishes are 90cm or 36 inches. The options that we provide to the customer if we can't mount it on the roof is either a tripod or a pole mount. We have done a few international installs here and customers are happy except for the long wait with activation. DirecTV has changed their 95 dishes to a 36" oval instead of the 36" round. We notice a higher signal with the round dishes but the manufacturer doesn't make them anymore.

Where can you get the 30" dish? I live in California Fontana to be exact. Will it work there (Winegard DS2076)? Will the signal level be low than the 36 " dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts