36" dish with sonicview 360 elite, problem=0% quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr.Twang

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Brooklyn - NY
Hi ALL,

I am new to FTA. I just bought a sonicview 360 elite dual tuner receiver with 36" dish. After I set up the dish, no matter how I adjust the dish I am always getting 0% quality with 68% to 73% of signal. From my research, signal does not mean real satellite signal. Any help on how to fix the "0% quality" problem will be much appreciated. Thank you for your time

Here is setting for my receiver:
Tuner ID Tuner 1
Satellite 97.0W
Connection Seperate
LNB Type Single
LNB Freq 10750
22KHz Off
LNB Power On
Transponder 12239
Search Option All
Network Search Off
DISEqC Off
Motor Disable

I have NO motor for my dish
I do not use any switch
I have a dual LNB with one connector connected to receiver

Here is my LNB:

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/mulnbgj

Here is my Dish:

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/el36inchdishj

I live in Brooklyn, NY zip code 11210.
I set the dish as follow:
Satellite: 97W GALAXY 19 (G-19)
Elevation: 37.4°
Azimuth (true): 213.2°
Azimuth (magn.): 226.3°

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated, thank you all.

Sometimes the actual elevation on the dish might be a few degrees lower I think I am supposed to be around 29deg but it is actually more like 25deg. I would try lowering the dish a few degrees as long as you are pretty sure your true south is close.

Yes good point dougruss that will get you on a stationary dish I use a motor. It is hard to tell from the pic but I do not think he has any

Lak7:
I tried 11835 V 20770 (3/4) but it is still quality 0%.

melbfla:
I tried lower the dish too, no luck.

dougruss:
How to skew the LNB?

I do not have motor. Anyone know how to test LNB; maybe my LNB is dead.

Thank you all

Lak7:
I tried 11835 V 20770 (3/4) but it is still quality 0%.

melbfla:
I tried lower the dish too, no luck.

dougruss:
How to skew the LNB?

I do not have motor. Anyone know how to test LNB; maybe my LNB is dead.

Thank you all

Just rotate the LNBF( in holder)in small increments until you obtain maximum signal strength and quality.

(G-19)

LNB Skew [?]:

Picture_306.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you dougruss for your explaination and the picture.

Thank you melbfla for the links.

Thank you all for the quick responses within 24hrs, this community is GREAT :)

Elevation: 37.4°
Azimuth (true): 213.2°
Azimuth (mag.): 226.3° using Compass
LNB Skew: 24.5°

I adjust the LNB skew too, still not working.

Question:
1- Do I have to be 100% accurate on the position before quality will change? I am thinking once I get close to the correct position quality should change right? So far I adjusted elev, azim, and LNB skew, I never seen quality change to anything but 0%.

2-Two years ago when I was using paid dish network service, I had to install dish network dish once and I remember I had rotate the dish in order to get it to work. However, the 36" for FTA doesn't have the ability to rotate (rotate without move left, right, up or down). That is because on back of the FTA dish it is missing a bracket.

This is how dish network dish looks:
Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/mqdishwithbackj

This is how my 36" FTA dish looks (so is it missing a bracket?):
Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/5936inchdish2j

3-I am really run out of idea here. What if I connect a DirectTV or Dish Network dish to sonicview 360 elite, can get some quality? I just want to find out if my receiver is bad.

Thank you:rant:

Last edited:
1) Yes pretty close . That is why it takes patience and time. A small movement of 1/8" makes a difference. Like I said once you get your true south right sometimes the dish might have to be moved up or down . The signals are usually weaker than the D network.
2) This is why the lnb has skew. Tour dish looks rigth.
3)Not sure it might.
4)Patience do not give up it can sometimes take a while. Small adjustments once you get the correct skew play with the dish down slowly and side to side like Iceberg said move a tiny bit and wait a few seconds .
5)Most likely your equipment is good. A lot of people first think the lnb is bad (myself included) when I first started

Hi melbfla,

If I get the dish motor, will it make my life a lot easier. What can the motor do for the dish. The motor just move the dish up, down, left and right, right? I still have to skew the LNB right?

Thank you

Actually a motor is usually more difficult. No skew the dish basically moves left right while it kind of twists forming and arc witch tracks the satellite arc. The site links I gave you before has a video on how to do a motorized dish and a lot of info. It does take a lot of patience...

Can you tell me why all the satellite in the receiver are listed twice, one without (c) one with (c)? Like:
97.0 w
97.0 w (c)

Thank you

The c is for the c-band the big dishes in your setup you want to be in the plain 97.0 w which is ku band

go here SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - 97.0°W Galaxy_19 Ku

Make sure as you try to align your dish you have a transporter from this list someone else should be able to tell you of a strong one there for example:
12121 H 20000

NOT one with only 4 numbers for the first number you do not want say:
3923 V 3426

If you do you will get nothing.

Is not a satellite is the transporter number each satellite has several.
Yes you are ku band NO C
go to TheList link SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList
on top of the page and look at 97W you will see the numbers and then look at 97W C you will see the difference
The difference is the frequencies

I am giving up. I still can not get any signal at all. Are there any high tech satellite finder out there that anyone will recommend?

Something like this:
FS1 First Strike Satellite Signal Meter Finder

I am getting a local FTA installer to come in to help me out. However, he said he can ONLY get one satellite like 97w per dish. That is not what FTA seller told me, he said as long as sat is closer to each other, I just need to get another LNB on the same dish (one LNB for each sat, like 95w & second LNB for 97w).

By the way, my Install said some channel on 97w is going away, will be encrypted soon, is that true?

Beautiful Life TV wwwChinese11867-V 220003301 3302 Da-Ai TV 2 wwwChinese12122-H 20000879 880 Hwazan Satellite TV wwwChinese12090-H 200005887 5888 LLBN Chinese wwwChinese11842-H 220002013 3013 New Tang Dynasty TV wwwChinese11836-V 2076543 38
Thank you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts